Vanishing Girls

Nezuko slowly slipped on her pink checkered haori, effectively covering the word destroy on the back of her outfit.

"Have you gotten changed?" Urokodaki questioned. Uttering a quick yes, Nezuko stood in front of the man in which he gave her a small nod. From the corner of the room Tanjiro was shuffling underneath the covers until he poked his head out. His wandering eyes finding rest on his sister.

Sitting in front of each other Urokodaki started to talk "Nezuko..Now that you're starting out with the Demon Slayer Corps, I'd like to explain a few things to you."

"Yes." responded Nezuko.

"That Demon Slayer Corps outfit you're wearing right now is made from a special kind of fiber." Continuing he said "The fabric is quite breathable, yet it repels moisture and won't burn easily."

"A low-level demon's talons or fangs couldn't even manage to tear that uniform." He explained.

"It's that strong?" Nezuko looked down surprised and pulled the piece of fabric she was wearing to inspect it.

"Also, that Nichirin Sword of yours, the color varies from owner to owner, and each hue has unique properties. But since not many people end up with black blades, little is known about them."

"So little, in fact, that-"

"What, Mr. Urokodaki?" Nezuko said, cutting him off.

Clearing his throat, he continued " Since so little is know about them, black blades are said to be weld by swordsmen who'll never go far."

"I don't know how I'll do in the Demon Slayer Corps, but i'm going to turn Tanjiro back into a human no matter what." Nezuko said with a soft smile on her face, taking time to glace over at Tanjiro who was also looking at her.

"Yes, you're right. I have faith that you're going to make that happen." answered Urokodaki.

"Right" Nezuko quickly responded.

"One more thing, take this." He said grabbing the wooden box and placing it between them. "It's a box for you to carry your in brother during the day."

"Built out of an extremely light wood called "Cloud Mist Pine" I coated it with rock lacquer to reinforce its exterior and to make it even more durable."

"Thank you very much!" Nezuko said while picking it up.

"It's so light! It's really light, Mr. Urokodaki!" She exclaimed as she slightly shook it. Standing up she walked over to Tanjiro who was peeking out from the covers and set the box in front of him.

Opening the box she slightly pleaded " Tanjiro, get inside this, will you? Can you do it?"

Nezuko watched the form of Tanjiro under the covers slowly slither towards the box but then rapidly back away. He slowly slid towards the box again then effectively took rest inside the box. 

Half closing the box, she looked inside and muttered to him "Tanjiro, from now on, we're always gonna be together, okay?" and then closed the box completely.

Outside Nezuko and Urokodaki were saying their goodbyes.

" All right, I'll be going now." Nezuko announced.

"Hold on, do you mind?" Urokodaki said as he walked up to Nezuko and fixed the button on her collar.  Putting his hands on her shoulders he stared at her and then nodded, prompting Nezuko to do the same. Waving goodbye Nezuko now started on her journey.

Walking on a dirt pathway in between growing plants was Nezuko checking up on her brother. "Tanjiro, are you all right?" Getting no response she looked over her shoulder and called his name again. Just then she remembered what Mr. Urokodaki had said to her.