X marks the spot

Balloon pov:

Tacos voice became more quiet in order to not wake nickel but the static sound comeing from the tie was still loud enough to startle cinnamon who previously had been pecking at the bow tie.

"What do you want taco?" I whispered into the tie occasionally turning my view back to nickel to be sure he was still sleeping.

"Well I assume you'd want my help! Clearly you have no idea how to defend yourself" she said with a slight laugh.

"And how could you tech me how to defend myself you don't know anything about what's going on!" I responded.

"Mabye so, but I'm an expert in defence I'm sure I could figure out something!" She said, the mic on the tie was clearly busted and made it difficult for balloon to focus but either way mabye getting tacos help would be a good thing!

"Fine I guess it couldn't hurt to have some help" I sighed.

"Good! Meet me in the clearing just behind the forest!" She replied just before the microphone cut out.

Letting out a sigh I clipped on the bow tie and began thinking of a way to get out of the hotel unnoticed, 'there's no way oj would justs let me go so I'm gonna have to sneak out'

I thought about mabye leavening from the roof? but I haven't tried to fly yet and it I might get hurt. Then i remembered a small door out back, I was sure most of the other contestants didn't even know about it, I'd spotted it one night while sleeping outside the hotel it led to a small cuboard into the hotel where sometimes I would sneak into for a night if it was extra cold!

Without another thought I crept out the room and back into the hallway sneaking down the stairs and through the kitchen, luckily almost everyone had gone up to there rooms only a few people were in the main lobby and none of them saw me sneak past.

Once I'd made it to the cuboard i pulled slightly on the rusted door handle witch cases the door to swing open letting out a loud squeaking sound.the room was mostly empty,there were three shelves with empty storage boxes and in the verry far corner of the room was a small door tucked over in the corner.i walked over and pushed on the door, struggling against the snow I eventually managed to pry the door open and step out into the frosty plane.

I could see the path in the woods that led to the clearing taco wanted to meet at and began to Traverse my way through the thick snow and into the dark woods.

Nickels pov:

I awoke to the sound of loud screeching comeing from down stairs but brushed it off as mabye oj or someone grabbing something from the kitchen.glancing over to balloons bed I noticed he still wasnt there though now cinnamon was perched on his bed frame asleep.

"Cinnamon? What are you doing here wheres balloon?" I said as I got up and walked toward the small bird, she fluffed up her wings and Carly fly glided over landing on my head which caught me of guard slightly but I didn't mind.

I began to think back to the photo balloon had in his bag, it was odd that balloon had never mentioned his siblings let alone his parents, I guess since me and balloon weren't freinds I would probably be the last person he'd talk to about it, mabye paper or suitcase know anything more about it!

A loud crash shook me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

"What the fuck-" I mumbled under my breath as I peaked around the corner of the door and into the long dark hall.

It was dimly lit makeing it hard to see but at the end of the hall the window was shattered small shards of glass illuminated on the floor.as I cautiously approached it I felt a wave of discomfort and unease but soon reaching the broken glass I couldn't really tell what exactly broke it.

Glancing at the floor by the window I could make out slight scuff marks in the carpet proving my thought that Somone must have been by the window a moment ago.

Brushing it off as probably yinyang or the cherries breaking it and running off in order to not get in trouble I walked back to my room deciding that oj can just  deal with it in the morning.

No pov:

There were two things Nickel handnt noticed, one was that one of the small feathers left behind by balloon was missing though this would almost be impossible to notice,two being a small cross spray painted to the wall just outside the window.
_
_
_

A little further beyond the hotel was small balloon walking quietly through the forest his tail dragging  behind him through the snow, for a moment he considered that mabye not takeing cinnamon was a bad idea,but then again he dosent want to accidentally hurt her with his training.

He walked through the the forest the soudn of hes feet crunching in the snow echoed through the trees followed by the uneasy silence, eventually reaching the large clearing he stopped and scanned his surroundings for any sign  of taco, his eyes rested on the small girl stood in the far left lent agains a tree.

It was taco

_
_
_

Im just gonna leave this chapter here! I'll dotn balloom and tacos training next!