CHAPTER FOUR

Zuzile Mfusi

I asked Kabelo to drive me to this restaurant for my reservation with my friends.
I offered to treat them to a lunch so I can officially make my pregnancy announcement. They are one of the few people that always support me, and now that I’ve processed this pregnancy news and I’m feeling a little excited about it, I can start sharing.
I’m abusing my pregnancy privilege because I know he won’t say no to me asking him to drive me there. I don’t expect him to fetch me later, I can always hijack one of the girls, but I honestly don’t feel like driving. When he drops me off, he kisses me goodbye and tells me to be careful.
When I walked in the restaurant, the waiter showed me to our reserved table, and I was the only one missing.
“Hey girls.” I greet them.
“Dokotela!” they all say in unison.
We are a bunch of naturally loud people, everywhere we go, we make people turn heads. It all started in school, where most of us met. They call me doctor because that’s what they used to tease me as in varsity, not knowing that I’ll actually make it as a successful paediatrician. We really had a tough time back then.
“Will you guys ever stop calling me that.” I whine as I take my seat.
“I know I won’t!” Helen is the first to say that.
And the rest second her. I can’t help but laugh.
“What have we done to deserve a reservation at a fancy restaurant from you doctor?” Anelisa asks.
She’s my primary school friend, we come from way back!
“Why can’t I just treat my friends? Why should there be a reason.” they all throw questioning looks at me.
“Out with it doctor!” they all probe.
I just laugh.
“Okay but can I order first.” I’m starving as it stands.
Sharing a body with another human being ultimately means you are sharing everything with them, food and drinks. One thing about me, I’m always thirsty, my mouth will get so dry I’ll fail to even swallow anything. It’s the worst part about this pregnancy, now everywhere I go I have to have a cold bottle of water.
So I start my order off with a tall glass of cold water, and then I ask the waiter for their virgin mojito because it’s the closest to alcohol I can get. When I proceed to choose what I want from the menu, which are ribs that I have been thinking about since last night, a side of chips and veg on the side, I get five pairs of eyes gawking at me in shock.
“Gheli, did you not have breakfast?” Thato asks scrutinizing me.
“No, leave that alone, I’m still on the virgin cocktail order my dear? Zuzile drinking virgin? What’s wrong?” Yvonne adds on, triggering the rest of them to stare at me questioningly.
“Haibo am I not allowed to step away from the alcohol? And yes, Thato I came here for food, so I’ll eat to my heart's desires.” I didn’t come here to get judged.
“What happened to “I’m watching my figure”?” Helen also throws in her shade, prompting them to laugh at me.
“You guys will make me rethink my decision about paying for you.” I scold them.
I’m not really mad, I mean we always tease each other about things like this. But since I’m here to announce the pregnancy, maybe this is the perfect way to start it out.
“Forgive us please. It’s not often that you take us out dokotela. I’m just anticipating the special news now!” Aneliswa exclaims excitedly.
“I hope it explains why you are ordering for the whole nation.” Thandiswa chimes in, taking a sip of her drink.
“Fuck you yezwa! You guys like ruining surprises! I was going to do this after lunch when all your stomachs are full like mine.” I say rubbing it.
They all gawk at me in confusion.
“Why would you order such a big meal when you are full…” Thato asks.
I just stare at them with a smile. Aneliswa is the first one to catch it out and she stands up screaming in excitement.
“Oh my goodness congratulations!” she screams.
The other slow pokes finally catch on and they all stand up to come engulf me in hugs.
“Oh, Kabelo finally scored! Ukuqeda ukusa.” Thato pitches in, squealing in excitement.
My friends are truly something else.
“But he’s made my life so much better, now I get to be a Godmother!” she continues bragging.
Never Thato. Anyone else but Thato!
“You wish! You will corrupt my baby and put Hennessy in their bottle instead of milk!” they all laugh.
They are laughing because they all agree with me. Thato is wild.
“That’s why it’s going to be me.” Helen chimes.
“Stop it guys, you are putting me on the spot. The godmother knows who she is.” I say putting a stop to it.
I love my friends truly and genuinely, but I wouldn’t trust any of them with my baby, well except for Aneliswa, that’s why she would be my baby’s Godmother.
And I know it’s a little bit unfair for me to judge me because we lived the same life in varsity, but now we are adults. The days where we would party till morning and drink weekend to weekend are gone. Thato and Helen still do that, so how could I possibly entrust them with my child? I could have chosen anyone between Aneliswa, Thandiswa and Yvonne, but I went with Aneliswa because Yvonne is already a single parent trying to make ends meet for her and her son, I wouldn’t want to put her under that pressure, and Thandiswa; well, I think she hasn’t reached a certain level of maturity to take on such a big role.
But I shouldn’t be stressing myself out like this because they will only be forced to take on responsibility of my children in the event of me and Kabelo passing away, along with his parents and my parents. For now, it’s just a title.
“Okay let’s change this godmother topic before you guys start to fight! I have something I want to ask you guys.” Thandiswa intervenes.
Her cheeks are starting to turn red as we all stare at her anxiously waiting for her to ask the burning question.
“Don’t judge me guys!” she says shyly.
“No, we can’t not judge you, if it’s judgeable then we will.” Thato says.
“Girly stop it! We won’t judge you.” Aneliswa reassures.
“Okay okay!” Thandiswa says, still continuing to blush.
She’s being so dramatic about it; I wonder what it is.
“What does doing the deed feel like?” she asks, biting her nails.
Thato is the first one to burst out laughing, and we obviously can’t contain ourselves after that and we follow suit; she has a contagious laugh. Thandiswa is also laughing along, but she’s trying to stop herself.
She has a lot of guts asking this question.
“Oh miss virgin Mary? You want to do adult things?” Helen teases.
“Shut up! I am an adult.” she defends herself.
Yes, she is an adult, a 28-year-old virgin adult. We have never judged her for it, we’ve always understood that it was for religious reasons and what not.
“What? Are you ready to take the next step?” Yvonne asks.
“I don’t know. But I met this guy, and he makes me feel something I have never felt. I can tell he also wants it, but I haven’t really worked up the courage to tell him my situation. I don’t know if I’m really ready though, I’m enjoying this phase of our ‘relationship’.”  she uses air quotes when she says relationship.
That is the first red flag for me.
“If you are still using air quotes around relationship that means you aren’t sure about him.” I pitch in.
“I don’t know! He’s so perfect, it’s actually too good to be true.”
I more than anyone know that when a relationship starts being too perfect, there’s something lurking in the shadows.
Look at what happened with Kabelo and I for example. Everything was a bed of roses in high school, and I was so convinced it would be the perfect relationship, but he upped and left less than a year later after he left school. He left with no explanation, and he left me with a broken heart.
We might be getting our happily ever after now, but that pain still haunts me. I guess the real reason why I didn’t want to get too comfortable in this relationship is because I still ask myself: “what if he leaves again?”
“Girl your feelings are valid. If that man cannot understand and wait for you then he’s not the one for you! Take it from me.” Yvonne says.
She gets it more than anyone, she’s a single parent today because of that.
“But if you are ready than I say, go for it!” Thato throws in her own.
Obviously, she would be the one to advocate for sex!
“Yeah, if you are doing it with the right person, you will never regret it.” Helen adds.
“So, are you guys saying it’s good?” she asks innocently.
We all laugh.
“Good? I don’t think that’s the correct term to describe it!” Thato ratchetly announces.
I certainly have to agree with her on that one though.
“Sex is amazing!” Helen screams out.
“But only if it’s done with the right person. Don’t let them fool you.” Aneliswa finally pitches in her two cents.
She’s always the level-headed one.
“Once you start though, you can’t stop.” I advise her.
“Aw dokotela!” they all laugh and mock.
I mean what do they expect, I’m pregnant as we speak. It’s not my fault that my boyfriend is a master at laying the pipe.
In fact, this conversation is making me hot and bothered.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02QRz1JoTDikP5fyZXnH5shEnJr9cNCtcuvGRpsaQsT4nqfwkQxpHbBcyVtSuYBgssI&id=100075923666661&mibextid=Nif5oz
please like and share!

•••

I should be going back home right now because it’s Monday tomorrow and I have work, but I have many valid reasons to go back to my man’s house.
He could have easily drove me straight home, but as soon as my eyes landed on his handsome face, I was certain I wanted to spend the whole night with him.
“Okay wait, tell me about your day.” he says holding my shoulders and pushing me gently away from him.
I’m trying to kiss him, and this man is pushing me back? He really doesn’t rate me.
“My day was okay; I told the girls about the pregnancy, and we had some food.” I summarize.
I didn’t come here to talk. I climb on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck.
He just chuckles and cups my butt.
“What do you want from me?”  he says giving me a smirk.
I’m shy about a lot of things, but never about what I want. I go for what I want; always!
I lower my hands into his pants and start massaging him. He locks his eyes with me and mouths: “You are naughty.”
I do admit I am. I’ve been thinking about him for most of the afternoon.
He effortlessly picks me up and places me flat on my back on the couch. He begins by pulling down my skirt and opens my legs widely. He gets in between, his face in contact with mine. He starts by capturing my lips in a sloppy kiss, using his big hand to grope my thighs. His other hand explores my palace and I feel my blood rush to my clit.
He massages it gently, in a circular motion using his thumb, I start to hum sweet little melodies as he calls them. They always fuel him to go on harder, because that’s how he knows I’m transcending to a parallel universe.
When he’s certain I’m ready for him, he lifts my legs up to his shoulders, pulls down his pants and positions himself on my entrance. He proceeds to lock his eyes with mine as he fills me up, and I gasp, shock waves dancing in my blood stream.
He flexes his hip and starts thrusting into me gently, with no rush. He’s so gentle I can feel all my muscles relaxing and my eyes getting heavy as the moments pass.
As I slowly close my eyes, I feel him go deeper inside of me, and his thrusts get harder.
“No Kabelo…” he shakes his head.
“How do you fall asleep during sex?” I don’t know if he’s angry or he’s bluffing.
He grips onto my bum and brings me up. I feel him shifting my insides and I cry out, holding on tighter to his strong arms. I feel my orgasm nearing, but it’s coming on so strong my body is reacting by moving away. He’s not having none of that though, he pulls me closer and closer, until we are on the edge of the couch.
If he wasn’t strong, we would have both hit the floor and suffered a severe concussion. He goes harder and harder until the orgasm ripples through my whole body and I start to convulse.
He holds me steadily while I ride my wave. I actually feel sleepy once again.
As my temperature slowly begins to go down, he sets me on the couch and pulls out.
“I’m sleepy.” He just chuckles and pulls up his pants.
He picks me up with my nakedness and carries me up the stairs.
He didn’t even cum. I like a man that puts me first!