Chapter Four: Nothing But Trouble

Justin's P.O.V

"So no more chasing after Aaliyah?" Joey asked me, drinking his orange juice. My eyes shot up at him.

"At least not for a while. I already ruined my chance." I mumbled, "Thanks to you guys."

The rest of the band looked at me with surprised expressions.

"Thanks to us? You was the main one being so damn difficult and now it is your boy's fault? JT, get a grip," JC replied, cutting his pancakes.

"You know what, everything is my fault around here. Everything. Well, It's not my fault I can't control my feelings for her."

"Maybe if you had man up by now, you wouldn't be going through this," Chris added.

"Exactly! My fault!"

"Hey! Justin, calm down. You are going to get her. Right now; hell no," Lance told me.

"I doubt it at all. You guys don't understand. Aaliyah is a challenge, alright? No guy can't just go up to her and ask her out or even for sex. She will tell you exactly how it is, man. The reason I was so shy is because of her personality. Her personality is just..so pure and you can easily be attracted to it. I'm fine with us being friends actually."

"Are you sure, Justin?"

"Yes, Lance. I am completely sure. I tried, right?"

"Exactly," Lance answered.

JC said, "True. People try and fail. All you got to do is find a way to redeem yourself."

All of a sudden, the diner doors opened. We all turned for some reason. We saw this beautiful young lady that looked our way with bodyguards by her side. Her light brown hair swayed back and forth, looking around at the place. I already knew my buddies' mouths were dropped. Well, I was drewling. She turned to me and our eyes connected. The girl's hazel eyes mesmerized me. She smiled before taking a seat at a table with her four buff bodyguards.

"Dude! Who in the hell is that?" I asked full for curiosity.

JC explained, "That is Mandy "fine ass" Moore. A popular young female artist topping the charts right now. 16 years old. Her father has minority of this place." I turned back around so I wouldn't seem like a creep anymore.

"She's hot." I admired, resuming back to my breakfast. They all stared at me in doubt. A way that was making me feel nervous. I adjusted my seat and cleared my throat.

Then, Lance broke the silence by asking me, "So are you gonna hit it or what?"

I mean I didn't know what to think. He was basically telling me to just move on. Move on from the girl that I wanted and just find another one. But I didn't want to do that.

"She's 16," I excused.

Joey fired back, "So? You're 18. Have you seen the teenage girls these days? You don't know if she's getting her freak on or not without her daddy or bodyguards around. That girl looks like she parties four to five times a day. Aaliyah? She is a classy girl. I give her that but, you need someone like you. Opposites attract but not all the time."

I thought, Maybe Joey was right. Maybe did need someone who was my exact type. I liked Aaliyah a lot but then I had eyes set on Mandy.

"Are you out of your damn mind? I did a whole lot just to get this one female and now, you want me to jump right back in?"

"You said it yourself, man; Aaliyah is different. Mandy gets around differently than her. Just trust all of us for once will ya," JC added in.

Chris asked, "Do you want the classy girl or the party girl?" I stared at all four of them. The diner set quiet.