Random Scene Two

Note: Ashley a.k.a Tatyana Ali is a recurring character in this book now.

Ashley and Aaliyah Dialogue

Ash: Gurll tell your cousin she owes me a hundred dollas.

Aaliyah: This wat u call me for?

Ash: Hell yea; Beyoncè owes me a hundred dollars! Her car been fixed. Then again-Destiny's Child hasn't had a hit since...since Fresh Prince.

Aaliyah: Call her then, Ash.

Ash: The bitch dodging my calls. I know her machine works. She betta stop playing with me. A Banks needs her bank.

Aaliyah: Yeah and you bankrupt.

Ashley: Gurl shut the hell up. Anyway, let her know I want my moneyyy.

Aaliyah: Honeyyy I ain't got nothing to do wit dat child.

Ash: She bouta have a fatal destiny in a minute. Point blank. Betta stop playing with my mone- ooh she betta watch!

Aaliyah: I can hang up now, right?

Ash: I called you for sum else too.

Aaliyah: Okay for?

Ash: Why you so bitchy? And yeah are you and Justin Timberland going out or nah?

Aaliyah: First off, nah. Second, his last name is Timberlake. And third, why the hell is everyone asking me that? We barely associate like that anymore.

Ash: Well you two hung out a lot in the public eye. Everyone assumed you liked your coffee with extra cream.

Aaliyah: I like dark coffee.

Ash: Mhm and I bet all that caffeine be making your blood rush too.

Aaliyah: For the love of God---no.

Ash: I never took you as the type to like white boys. But hey we all have our preference; and apparently different size packages too.

Aaliyah: Are you serious right now, Ash?

Ash: Now I just know that boy shrimp ain't jumbo.

Aaliyah: Gurl!

Ash: Oops. Sorry. Forgot that's your man.

Aaliyah: Ashh we are friends! To be honest, I don't even know if that's the case anymore.

Ashley: Friends with benefits?

Aaliyah: Please he's gonna need a miraculous prayer from the heavens to even come close to my zipper.

Ash: *laughs hard*

Aaliyah: Can I tell you the truth?

Ash: Sure long as I ain't gotta lie.

Aaliyah: You a mess. Anyway, Justin- Justin is honestly the most interesting guy I've ever met. My daddy has always been strict when it comes to white boys, though. He's still in the 1950's.

Ash: what in the hell?

Aaliyah: Yeah. I should just shrug him off like how I have been doing this whole time. I can't afford losing focus for someone I'm still unsure is worth my time or not.

Ash: Gurl I can tell it in your voice that you falling for him...

Aaliyah: *cuts off* I'm not falling for him. Especially after that fall out we had over dinner with him and that Mandy girl. It would be best to keep distance for right now.

Ash: Distant?

Aaliyah: Yeah...I mean in the beginning I was feeling him but a whole bunch of nonsense was kicking and I wasn't trying to add on to it. Now I'm looking at it, and maybe it was just a pile of meaningless chaos.

Ash: Damn.

Aaliyah: I know.

Ash: Well do what you think is best for you. What I think is that Justin just doesn't know how to live up to your standards, kind of leading him into a facade or something from what you told me. Maybe time is what you two need to further figure things out.

Aaliyah: Sounds fair. I don't want to just completely blow him off and tell him that I don't want to see him anymore. Guys have feelings too. More rather. The male ego is fragile.

Ash: Absolutely.

Aaliyah: Thanks. Glad I cleared the air about this.

Ash: Yeah. Besides, he's with Mandy Whore anyway. He got himself locked in with another one. Although I doubt they're gonna last.

Aaliyah: *laughing* You think so?

Ash: Mmmhmmm. But why would that concern you?

Aaliyah: I'm not concerned. I'm just saying he has his head wrapped up so good he should've been turned into an arabian by now.

Ash: *Laughs* You are tooo much, Li. And yeah I'm sure they're not gonna be Hollywood's next top couple. Just be cordial around him still. Time narrates best.

Aaliyah: You're right- goodness you're..you're right. Definitely.

Ash: Glad to know I'm useful.

Aaliyah: Alwayss. Thanks for your unexpected advice.

Ash: Hey I'm here girl!

Aaliyah: *smiles*Look it's getting late. Bout to take it down.

Ash: Alright gurl, take care! And don't forget about my money from Bey.

Liyah: You better off waiting for an album release.

Ash: *laughs hard* Goodnight!

Aaliyah: *chuckles* I love them girls
And goodnight to you too!
__________________________________

Aaliyah's P.O.V

I was absolutely holding him captive in the friendzone. But maybe it was best at the time. For the best, actually.