Chapter Seven: Lakers Game

Justin's P.O.V

Three weeks was written in the books since Mandy and I called it quits. Well, she dumped my entire existence. I called and called, but she blocked my number so there was no point in trying anymore. I wanted to tell her how great our mini tour was, hoping she would come to a show, and as expected, she was a no show; and the disappointment on my face was televised. I hurried and grabbed my belongings off of the tour bus and stepped down near the sidewalk. We had valet parking back at the hotel so I waited outside until the guy arrived with my 1990 Camaro. JC and Joey came beside me, cheering.

"Woo! That tour was amazing my man!  Wasn't it a blast, Jay?" JC asked, patting my right shoulder. Joey leaned on my other side and whispered, "And the ladies were a blast as well." Snickering followed after his prude remark and they dabbed each other up. I removed myself from under their elbows and proceeded further to the sidewalk. They both followed up behind me.

"Yo what's the matter, JT?" Joey asked me, getting in front of my view afterwards.

I politely asked, "Can we please not talk about girls? Please?"

JC, being the douchebag he manifests best, figured, "So you want to talk about guys?"

I side eyed him, resisting his attempt to provoke me.

Joey nudged my arm. "C'mon man we just messing with you. What's the matter, huh? You found out Mandy Moore's candy done left you bittersweet?"

I warned, waving him off, "Bro, come on man."

JC snickered and did a little spin move along with it. I rolled my eyes at the both of them, frustrated that they couldn't handle anything serious.

Joshua then detected, "Maybe it is Mandy. Or Aaliyah. Hell all I know probably even Britney. Or all of them for that matter."

  Joey nodded his head. "Yeah they all had you sprung, JT, but mostly Aaliyah had your ass going loco."

I defended, "Women are the crazy ones, alright?"

JC bowed down to me in a peasant style. A medieval accent escaped his lips. "Ah, that tis true Justinian Randolf Timberknocker."

Joshua and Joey took a brief moment before dying of laughter together. I began to wonder who was really the most immature one out of all of us combined. Then, I heard other footsteps motioning towards us. Lance and Chris joined in the party.

Lance asked, "What's so funny?"

JC exhaled deeply, trying to maintain his composure. "Justin's love life." That was the bomb quickly set off and detonated as they joyfully made fun of me. I mockingly joined in, resulting in me pursuing a knee slap.

"Woo! You guys are too daggone funny man!"

Chris spoke directly to me, "Listen, dude you're just a kid it's alright man. There is more loving that awaits you."

I sighed roughly.  "I'm not a kid first of all, alright? Secondly, it's just all so overbearing. It's like my whole world has changed since...since...," I couldn't find what I was trying to convey.

Lance finished, "Since that photoshoot?"

Then, it hit me. Everything in my life went awry since Aaliyah walked into mine.

I claimed, "Aaliyah ruined me for good."

Lance corrected me, "Nah, you ruined you. Aaliyah is not the issue here. You just lost your mojo and you're going to get it back, don't worry."

Chris sided with him. "Yeah man, you meeting her was fate. Things were just rushed, stirring up all this hysteria this past couple of months."

JC asked me, "Yeah when was the last time you talked to Mandy?"