Chapter Nine: Justin Must Die Part 1

Aaliyah's P.O.V

     I was back home in my Los Angeles residence doing some regular house cleaning. The floor was scattered with leftover crumbs so I swept all the areas until it was pristine. My girls always wondered why I wouldn't hire a maid since I'm a "big shot" now. Honestly, I always perceived it as lazy; and I find cleaning very relaxing and humbling. Hiring a cook was definitely on my bucket list though. Prior to me grabbing wipes for the table, I heard a few knocks which startled me. It sounded very familiar. 

"Who is it?" I questioned while kneeling down for more wipes. 

"Girl it's me." the voice responded playfully.

I stopped and walked over to the door, standing behind it still. "Well 'me' can be anyone," I responded while my arms folded. 

"Girl it's too hot for this. Who you think it is, Yolanda?" 

 "Please if she was on my doorstep right now I'd shoot her my damn self," laughing in between my comment before swinging the door open.

"I would've took the fall too," Kidada added as she walked past me.

"I bet you would," chuckling afterwards, "Girl what ya behind doing over here so early?"

She told me in a sassy manner. "Well 'scuse me I thought we were having our breakfast."

I gasped, "Gurl oh my gosh...I forgot to tell you. Ima be wrapping up "Romeo Must Die" today. I have to postpone."

She plopped down on the sofa, lifting her legs up on the coffee table. "Well I'll be...I'm actually really happy for you. This is a clean start towards your career as an actress too."

I nodded my head. "Yes indeed. Speaking of clean, Ima need you to clear ya bony legs off my table because I just got done cleaning that spot. This ain't home."

She smacked her teeth, rolling her eyes playfully. "Girl what happened to Mi casa es tu casa?"

I walked over and removed her legs myself. "That was up until I realized I'm the only one paying rent for mi casa." We both laughed as I took a seat beside her.

"Girl you a whole trip. Anyway, what time you gotta head on down the set?"

"Actually within the next hour. I can't wait for this last scene."

Kidada nudged my shoulder, tapping my thigh softly, "Is it spicy?"

"You can expect a little 'hot like fire' flavor from me," I sung softly and commenced to smiling bright.

Kidada joked, "Oh so he must be the one bringing the teriyaki sauce then," she snickered while holding her nose up.

"Girl hush, he might bring in that extra kick."

"Mhm a roundhouse at that." We laughed again until my flip phone buzzed. I lifted it up in the air to see the number before placing it on my right ear.

"Who dat?" 

"JT."

Aaliyah and Justin Phone Conversation:

-Sup Curly.

-Hey Li. How's life treating you?

-Everything's alright. Wassup with you?

-You got any plans today? There's this song me and the guys want you to hear...possibly hop on it if you may.

-Well actually I'm leaving out inna bit to finish shooting my new movie.