Beginnings

The sky was overcast, pouring heavily outside the Naranja Academy, with thunder and lightning accompanying the downpour. Everyone was forced to stay indoors, and the atmosphere was tense as they knew they would be confined to the indoors for the next few days. They were all getting their things ready and settling in for the long haul, as the thunderstorm was expected to last for at least a week.

Amidst all this, there was one person who couldn't sleep. She was pacing up and down the dimly lit hallway, lost in thought. After contemplating for a while, she finally decided to speak up about something bothering her for quite some time.

With a deep breath, she started walking down the dorm room hallway, her footsteps echoing in the silence. As the lightning storm finally started up, she felt a sense of urgency and determination to speak her mind. She eventually reached the door where she needed to be and knocked gently, waiting patiently as the person on the other side opened it.

When he opened the door, Arven was ecstatic to see his best friend, Destiny. However, he immediately noticed that something was off when she gave him a small smile. He welcomed her inside, opening the door wider to allow her to walk in. "Come on in," he said happily.

Arven remembered that Destiny had challenged La Primera, and he was curious to know how it went for her. He tried to lighten the mood with a smile, "I heard you re-challenged La Primera. How did it go?" However, even with his little joke, he could see that Destiny was still upset.

Destiny walked further into the room, and Arven's pet, Mabosstiff, greeted her with a wag of its tail. Arven noticed that Destiny had nothing with her, not even her bag or belt, which usually carried her Pokémon. He also saw her phone was missing but didn't mention anything. Arven was worried about his friend and asked her, "Is everything okay, Destiny?" She sat down on his bed and began to speak.

The two friends sat silently for a minute amidst the chirping of Arven's Pokemon and raindrops hitting the glass window. Arven's puzzled expression was evident, while Destiny seemed lost in deep thought. Suddenly, tears started to build up in her eyes, and she looked up at her best friend. Mabossteff, his partner Pokemon, tried to cuddle up to her, but she hugged him tightly and started sobbing uncontrollably.

Arven immediately got worried and went to her side, shocked that she was crying out of nowhere. He asked her what was wrong and tried to comfort her with a gentle pat on her back.

"Just tell me what's wrong," Arven said as he held her tightly, concerned for his best friend.

"I'm so sorry," she sobbed into him. "I hope you can forgive me for what I've done," she cried.

Arven was taken aback by her words and wondered what she could have done. He asked her to tell him what happened, reassuring her that everything would be okay. He quickly told Mabosstiff to return to his Pokeball and held his best friend tightly as she cried even more. Their friendship was strong, and Arven was determined to help Destiny through whatever she was going through.

Destiny starts to speak and beg for forgiveness, as she explains to Arven. What he heard next shocked him as she described her journey throughout Kitakami and Blueberry Academy, her discoveries, and the great creator. But that wasn't what shocked him. It was what happened after. As she sobbed and cried on to him, begging for forgiveness, she explained how the Pokemon she found in the depths of the great creator of Paldea gave her a chance to speak to his mother, who at some point traveled to that specific moment and talked with her. From what he could gather, it was only momentarily, but she spoke to him in great detail in that quick conversation. She revealed that she gave his mom the book and the idea to create her time machine.