Clan Leaders

The next day

Destiny woke up early in the morning and was doing her hair when Rei unexpectedly barged into her room, looking excited and happy. He greeted her with a bright smile and urged her to hurry up and get ready. Destiny was surprised but didn't mind since she was already running behind schedule.

Rei followed her closely as she rushed out of her room, and she couldn't help but feel slightly nervous about what was happening. They hurried through the corridors until they reached Destiny's little room, where Rei suddenly stopped.

Before Destiny could react, Rei turned to her and said, "Hey Destiny, before we go and meet up with Mai about the request, do you mind showing me how you do in battle? I saw you battle with Volo, but I want to experience having a battle with you as well."

The request took them aback destiny, but she quickly agreed, knowing that it was essential to showcase her abilities. She nodded in agreement, and they headed towards their destination.

"Sure thing, I'll be at the training grounds whenever you're ready, okay?" Rei told Destiny, trying to hide his slight tension. "Just a quick reminder, you can change your team around at the pastures as well, in case you need to," he added before darting off. Destiny sensed that Rei was in a hurry, so she followed him as quickly as possible, ignoring any distractions.

Rei patiently awaited her when she finally arrived at the training grounds, but his tension had increased. He greeted her with a friendly smile, but his body language revealed that he had something important to discuss.

"Thank you for taking the Time to meet me, Destiny. I know you're busy with your training and other commitments," Rei began, his voice low and serious. "I want to be upfront with you about something," he continued, his eyes fixed on hers, "I hope you'll hear me out." Rei took a deep breath and revealed what had been weighing on his mind for days.

Destiny noticed that Rei was looking tense and worried. She asked with concern, "Is everything all right? You look very tense."

Rei responded, "I just can't understand how anyone can handle taking on Pokémon in battle. I know I'm a member of the Survey Corps, and I've even got my own partner. But still, the idea of battling with Pokémon makes me feel uneasy and anxious."

Destiny listened carefully and asked, "Your partner? What do you mean?"

Rei appeared to be hesitant as he introduced his partner Pokemon, Pikachu. It was unlike him to sound unsure of himself. He usually came across as chipper, friendly, and straightforward, but his tone had changed. Pikachu burst out of its Pokeball and cried out, showing its eagerness to engage in battle.

Rei explained, "During that Shinx attack I told you about earlier, I should have had Pikachu fight at my side, but my mind just went blank." He sounded disappointed with himself and added, "And really, when you think about it, Pokemon is terrifying, right? Why should this thing be able to fire electricity?" Pikachu looked at Rei with a glare as if annoyed by his comments.

Destiny seemed to sense Rei's hesitation and said, "Oh no," almost instinctively.

Rei continued, "Completing those research tasks convinced me I want to do my survey corps work well. My partner and I have got to be a team, and our first step toward being a real team is to battle your team." With a newfound confidence, he initiated the battle, determined to work with Pikachu.

Destiny was feeling hesitant as she took out her Oshawott to battle Pikachu. It was a friendly match, but she was determined to give it her all. "Alright, if you're sure," she said, trying to hide her nervousness.