Chapter 4

Naruto

I started walking to where I thought was the nurse's office (yes in some malls there are such offices).

Hinata was so light.

Her face slowly rested against my chin. I started to blush.

Her hair is so soft!, I thought. She smells so good!

Hey, wait a second. Why does this feel all so familiar..., I wondered. I brushed it off anyway.

I was still confused about why I was feeling like this. I shook my head.

No! I like Sakura-chan and only Sakura-chan!, I thought.

I felt her soft breaths against my chest. My heart started to beat rapidly out of nowhere.

I looked to my right. Aha! The nurse's office, dattebayo!, I internally cheered.

Walking around for 10 minutes was kinda weird, although I surprisingly wasn't tired, probably because Hinata's so light...

"She fainted," I said to the nurse at the counter.

"You could take her to room 3," she said.

I thanked her, and carried Hinata to the area, which I had a hard time finding as well.

After finally reaching the room, I went through one of the curtains and placed her on the bed.

I looked at her for a few moments. Her face looked...adorable...

Without thinking, I went in and hugged her.

She felt so soft, so tender. It made me feel like I wanted to protect her.

"Visit room 3," a nurse called to her fellow peer.

I jolted back and rushed out the room, processing what happened.

What did happen, I thought.

Hinata

I woke to see someone hugging me.

I froze, and instantly shut my eyes so he wouldn't see I was staring.

"Visit room 3," someone yelled.

He suddenly and gently let go and ran out the curtains. It took me a while to process everything that happened after I woke up.

I rubbed my eyes. Who was it?, I thought. Could it have been Naruto-kun? I shook my head. No, he wouldn't do something like that. But why did I see a whiz of blonde?

A nurse came into my room.

"Hello sweetie. I heard you fainted. Are you alright?" she asked, scanning me for any signs of injury.

I nodded. "Okay then, you are free to go."

I bowed, took my belongings, and left the office, waving at the woman sitting at the counter.

I decided to take the bus home.

I froze after I entered a bus upon seeing Naruto-kun and Sasuke-kun chatting, sitting at the end of the bus.

My face suddenly turned red, and I spun around, not being able to go close to him after what happened.

"Hey Hinata!" yelled Naruto-kun while waving. He gestured for me to come towards them.

I froze, my heart pounding.

Naruto

I saw Hinata at the front of the bus.

What a coincidence, I thought.

"Hey Hinata!" I yelled, waving.

She froze. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Hinata come over" I yelled once more, cupping my hands around my mouth.

"Shut up, dobe. You're too loud," groaned Sasuke.

"Yeah, yeah," I said in a sing-song voice. He glared at me.

I looked at Hinata once more to see her moving more towards the front of the bus.

"Hinata! Where're you going, -ttebayo," I asked.

She turned around and froze again. Her face was red for some reason.

"Come on," I said while grabbing her hand.

She flinched a bit, but I didn't notice.

I dragged her over to where Sasuke and I were sitting, and made her sit on one of my sides, Sasuke on my other.

"Hey, are you okay," I asked, putting my hand on her forehead. "You seem kinda warm and you're red."

"Hn," grunted Sasuke. You're so dense, dobe, He thought.

Hinata's eyes widened, and she turned to the other side so her back was facing me, her hand not holding mine covering her face.

I tried to see her face, my hand still on hers.

"Hey, Hinata. Why're you looking away?" I asked.

She stayed like that, and I gave up and sat back.

"You're so dense, you know," said Sasuke.

"Shut up teme. What do you mean by that?"

He sighed. "Nothing."

The bus stopped. "Come on, we have to go," said Sasuke, standing up.

"Okay," I answered.

"But first let go of Hinata's hand over there."

"Why?"

He slapped his forehead. "Because we have to GO!"

I tilted my head in confusion, and looked at my hand still holding Hinata's.

"Fine," I grumbled.

I slowly let go of her hand.

For some reason, I didn't want to let go.

Sasuke grabbed me by my collar and dragged me away. "Come on, dobe."

"Teme," I mumbled in annoyance.

Hinata looked at me, and I looked at her in the eyes. For some reason, they seemed to pull me in.

Sasuke threw me onto the floor after dragging me out of the bus. "See you on Monday, dobe."

"Yeah," I grumbled.

He walked away, and I got up, brushing the dust off my clothes.

Why do I feel like this?, I thought.

I contemplated how I felt about Hinata ever since... the kiss.

For some reason, I felt so... different...

I kept thinking about this and walked the rest of the way back to my house.

Hinata

What just happened?, I thought.

I glanced at Naruto-kun and Sasuke-kun leaving the bus.

The bus started to move again.

I looked at my hand that was holding Naruto-kun's, and touched my forehead. I was still trying to process all that happened today.

I took a deep breath, and decided to listen to music for the rest of the home.

Naruto

"How was it?" asked pervy sage as I opened the door.

I just nodded and went upstairs to my room.

That's not like him. Did something happen?, thought Jiraiya.

I shut the door and plopped onto my bed, still contemplating my feelings.

I like Sakura-chan!, But..., I paused.

Hinata-chan seemed suddenly so...beautiful...

I blinked twice before I was engulfed in a deep sleep.