Chapter 5

Hinata

Riiiiiiiiing, riiiiiiiiiing went my alarm clock at 6:30 in the morning.

I groggily opened my eyes, and shut the alarm.

Memories filled me of what happened on Saturday. I blushed and turned to my side.

"Are you up?" someone called.

"Yeah," I weakly answered.

I wasn't able to sleep after what happened in the mall, and before that. Wait, I already always had a hard time sleeping.

I rubbed my eyes and wobbled over to the bathroom.

I took my brush and squeezed toothpaste on it, being too distracted I put too much until I felt some fall on my foot.

I sighed.

I took a quick shower and hobbled downstairs.

"You okay?" asked Hanabi.

I sleepily nodded.

"Okay then!"

How does my sister have so much energy in the morning..., I asked myself. She's so lucky.

I sighed again and started picking on my food.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Yes, yes, now pay attention to yourself," I said, smiling a bit while looking at my sister with her avocado toast on the floor.

She sheepishly grinned and I took a small bit.

"I'm not hungry. You can take mine," I sighed. Hanabi looked at me worriedly.

"Are you sure?" she said.

"Sure."

"Okay then..."

I nodded and wore my backpack.

"Bye!" she said.

"See you."

I stood outside and got in the school bus.

I smiled to see Ino waving at me.

"Hey! How are you?" she asked.

"Good," I replied.

"Your face doesn't seem so," she said, holding out a mirror. I sighed.

"Don't worry. I have some makeup to cover it up. You want some?" she asked.

"Sure, only if you're fine with it," I said.

She unzipped her backpack and got out some foundation.

"Great! It's the same shade as your skin!" she said, smiling.

I smiled back.

Naruto

I wanted to be early today for some reason. I didn't know why.

I looked up from my phone to see Hinata-chan smiling at Ino.

I suddenly started to sweat, and I felt this weird feeling in my heart.

I grabbed my chest and took a deep breath and looked at her again.

Why does she look like this? She looks so...different and...cute, I thought.

No no no no no, I only like Sakura-chan! But why does this feel a bit wrong?

I looked at her once more and noticed she was gone.

Oh shoot, I have to get up!, I thought, and ran to the door but for no avail.

The bus doors shut right when I reached. I groaned and walked to the back of the bus.

"Did I hear something?" said the bus driver.

I tried to speak but decided to wait in here.

10 minutes have passed.

"Oh shoot, I forgot something at Konoha High!" sighed the bus driver.

I looked up and beamed. Let's go, -ttebayo!

"Another 10 minutes of driving," he sighed.

I looked at my watch.

I might make it just in time!, I thought, grinning

I waited another 10 long minutes until the bus finally stopped. I looked at my watch, then outside.

I heard the doors open, and I sneakily dashed out the door. Although I did trip along the way. Hope no one heard that.

I sprinted into the school building, all the way up one floor to my classroom. Sadly, all the classrooms for the juniors were on the second floor.

I stumbled through the classroom door at the last second, tripping on my way in.

"Oowww," I whined, rubbing my head.

"Again," said Sasuke, smirking.

"At least I didn't forget my lunchbox again, Teme," I growled, emphasizing the last word.

He sighed, and I hobbled to my seat.

"U-Uhm, if y-you're fine, o-of course...uh...I-I think y-you should g-go t-to the n-nurse, N-Na-Naruto-kun," whispered Hinata-chan.

I looked at her and blushed a bit.

Her eyes slightly widened. "I-I'm s-sorry i-if I o-offended y-you," she mumbled, looking down.

"N-No! It's not like that! I-It's just that I don't think I h-have to, Hinata-chan!" I explained, trying to cheer her up.

Hinata-chan turned bright red.

Stuttering? Hinata-chan? That's something new, thought Sasuke.

I feel something juicy coming in the future, thought Ino while smirking.

Hinata-chan? Why the change of honorifics?, contemplated Sakura-chan.

She looked at me once more, and I started sweating. I wonder why I felt like this.

"O-Okay..." she said, barely whispering.

I just nodded back and looked out the window, trying to distract myself.

Why am I overreacting?, I thought.

Kakashi-sensei entered in the classroom, late as usual.

"Oi, Kakashi, late again?" Sasuke asked while smirking.

Kakashi-sensei just rolled his eyes, and began the lesson. I started to doze off again.

...

I woke up to see Sasuke punching my shoulder.

"Wake up dobe. The bell rang."

"Hmm," I responded, rubbing my eyes.

I looked at the classroom door to see Hinata looking at me. She flinched and looked away.

I don't know why I wanted her to look at me longer.

I sighed and got up.