Chapter 10

Naruto

My eyes blinked once, twice.

I groggily sat up, staring outside. Surprisingly, the sun didn't rise yet.

I glanced towards my broken alarm clock. 6:31? How did I wake up so early?, I thought.

I stretched and plopped onto my bed, not feeling sleepy at all.

This is strange.

I shifted toward my side in an attempt to go back to sleep. It didn't help.

I then flipped my pillow over to the cooler side. Nothing.

I sighed.

Thoughts about what happened on the beach suddenly flooded my mind.

I blushed and dug my face into my pillow.

How is she so pretty, I thought, trying to get those thoughts out of my mind, but they wouldn't.

I gave up on trying to go back to sleep again and dragged myself out of the bed.

The whole time I got ready, I was thinking about Hinata-chan. I couldn't help it.

Hinata

I entered the school bus and picked a window seat on the left side.

Usually, Neji-nii-san would drop me off, but he wasn't free today.

How do people survive this?, I thought as a food fight broke out in the middle of the bus.

Luckily I was a good number of rows away.

I opened my Airpods and started listening to some random song.

My mind was suddenly flooded with thoughts about what had happened with Naruto-kun on the beach.

I dropped my phone by accident by the embarrassment.

I went down to pick it up again when the bus stopped.

Students flooded the exit. I decided to wait until most people got out so that I could get out safely.

Little did I know that Naruto-kun was right in front of me.

As I cautiously went down the stairs, someone bumped into me.

I stumbled the rest of the way, and nearly tripped until a hand swerved in at the last second.

"Hey, are you okay 'ttebayo?" said a familiar voice.

I looked up to see who it was. Ocean-blue eyes locked with pale lavender.

He suddenly turned bright red.

"M-My bad. Are y-you okay, H-Hinata-chan?" asked Naruto-kun, letting go of me.

Why is he stuttering? Did I do something to offend him?, I thought.

"Hinata-chan?"

"O-Oh, sorry..." I stuttered.

We stayed like that for a few seconds until he suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Let's go, Hinata-chan!" he said while wearing his signature grin.

I smiled back at him, but then he turned around. I tilted my head in confusion.

Why is he acting so different lately?, I thought.

I decided to confront him.

"N-Naruto-kun, a-are you o-okay?" I asked.

"I-I'm completely fine!" he suddenly blurted out, turning his face back to me, only for him to look away again.

I didn't want to be nosey, so I just left it at that.