Chapter 13

Hinata

I heard the bell ring after fourth period ended.

"The bell has been sounding so...weird these past few days," stated Ino-chan. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. They should get it fixed," said Sakura-chan. I nodded again.

I'm not the type of person to talk. I'm more of a listener than a talker.

"Let's go to lunch."

We all walked into the cafeteria, bustling with people as usual.

We all walked to the end of the line with trays to order food, then sat at our usual place.

Sakura-chan suddenly started a topic about dresses. I listened in, until I noticed Naruto-kun laughing while talking with his friends.

No, Hinata! Staring is rude!, I thought, snapping my head back toward the conversation as soon as he took notice of me.

"Hey! What's up?" a voice said behind me. I flinched.

"H-Huh?" I stuttered.

I turned my body around to see an adorable blondie. "N-Naruto-kun?"

I suddenly turned back in embarrassment.

"Hinata-chan," he suddenly spoke, his tone low, serious.

I turned around again. "Y-Ye-"

"I need you to come here for a minute."

I took a deep breath. "O-Okay..."

I was a bit nervous or afraid because of how serious he sounded, but I knew I could trust him.

"I-I'll come in a bit Sakura-chan, Ino-chan," I said.

They nodded in reply. I thought I saw a sinister smirk come out of Ino-chan's face, but I decided to push it aside.

He took my hand and started walking. I blushed at the contact.

His grip was firm, yet gentle. For some reason, he sounded kind of...hurried.

He slowly, suddenly started to pick up the pace, until we were almost running.

He took me outside, up the stairs, to the roof of the building.

As soon as we reached the roof, he let go of my hand, panting.

I was still catching my breath when he asked, "Did someone kidnap you before?"

I froze. Thoughts of what happened in the dark building flooded my mind. I quivered.

I steadied myself. "Y...Y-Yes," I stuttered.

His eyes widened.

"C-Can...Can you tell me how?"

This was all so sudden, but it was Naruto-kun who was asking. I knew he must have been asking for a good cause, right?

"S...S-Some people...t-took me i-inside a...l-large b-building," I said, barely able to create words.

His eyes widened even more, if possible.

Continuing, I stuttered, "I...I-I was b-blindfo-folded...and taken i-into a d-dark r-room. Th-There....I-I w-was..."

Naruto-kun suddenly bashed me against the wall. I looked up in confusion, embarrassment, and fear.

He suddenly started inching towards me.

"N-Naruto-ku-"

I was interrupted by a warm feeling on my face.