Chapter 9

Naruto

Sakura? When did he start calling her Sakura?, thought Ino in confusion.

Sakura?, thought Sasuke. Sai didn't seem to care much.

S-Sakura? Why not Sakura-chan?, thought Sakura.

I looked at the beach map for a moment, then sprinted wherever I thought was the nurse's office.

I luckily reached there pretty quickly.

Panting, I barged inside the office.

"Sh-She fainted, a-and then the wave..." I said, then paused, suddenly feeling immensely guilty about all that happened.

"Okay," said the nurse.

She suddenly began yelling directions. Hinata-chan was taken from my hands and was placed onto a stretcher.

I got scared. Did I really hurt her that bad? Is this really that serious?

"Don't worry. She'll be better in no time," assured the nurse, smiling at me.

"O-Okay," I answered.

"You can go rest over there," she said.

"Thank you," I replied quietly. She then left.

I started pacing around in circles. Is she really gonna be alright? What if she got injured really bad? What if she?...

I suddenly stopped in my tracks.

I sat on one of the couches, the towel Sakura handed me wrapped around me. I shivered from the AC.

Tears suddenly started plopping down onto my lap.

I covered my face with my hands.

What if she doesn't survive?

Hinata

My vision started to get less and less blurrier.

I squinted, trying to adjust to the light coming out the window.

I looked at the clock. 4:17? Was I really out that long?, I thought.

A sudden thought appeared in my head. Naruto-kun! Is he okay?

I panicked.

Rubbing my eyes, I helped myself up and looked around at my surroundings.

Ah, I'm in the hospital, I thought. Who brought me here?

I turned my head to my right to see a blondie with his head resting on top of the bed.

His soft snores filled the entire room.

This is giving off some déjà vu, I thought, thinking about what happened in the mall.

I suddenly started blushing.

"Oh, Hinata-chan, you're awake! Are you alright?" asked Naruto-kun while grinning.

I blushed some more. "O-Oh, y-yeah..." I stuttered, looking in the opposite direction as to not faint again.

"Hey...I understand if you hate me. It's okay if...you don't want to be f-friends anymore," he suddenly spoke.

I whirled my head in his direction by surprise.

"N-No, it's not like tha-"

"I'm s-sorry," he said while looking down.

I looked at him worryingly. "Naruto-ku-"

"I-Its all m-my fault," he choked. "I-If it w-weren't for m-me, you w-wouldn't have e-ended up l-like th-this."

He turned away. My heart shattered at the scene.