Chapter Eight

Tomioka pov:

I nodded at him, and he flipped the page.

'Page 2 [dear diary]
Mommy and Daddy keep fighting, I'm not sure why, except I heard my name.
Tsutako asked me to put on some headphones, blasting the song she sings to me all the time.

I don't want to wear the headphones, except I have to whenever mommy and daddy fight, it's mandatory (I had to ask tsutako how to spell that word). Daddy put me in the same room last night, telling me to please the guys that come in.

They hurt me, I know that it's normal to be touched like that, except it always hurts me. I can hear tsutako crying even though I'm blasting the song on full volume.

I heard my name again.

I wonder why they are speaking about me, I think I pleased those big guys, even though they were scary.

Daddy is stomping up the stairs while screaming for me.

I'm kind of scared. He must be really drunk if he is screaming like that.

I'll be right back, diary. I'll go see what he wants.

....

I'm back diary, Daddy was really mad. He said that I wasn't his son, that I shouldn't have been born.

Should I have even been born? I mean, what Daddy says always goes.. right?

I'm scared. He is getting mad again.

Diary, Daddy hit me again! This is the 8th time this week now. I don't know what I did wrong, except he is scaring me.

He says to stop calling him Daddy, except I've always called him Daddy.

Diary, what should I do?'

Sanemi looked up at me again, a horrified look on his face.

'You were raped?!' He asked, grabbing my shoulders gently.

'I wouldn't put it that way..' I mumbled, grabbing my book back.

'What other way would you put it?!' Sanemi asked, now shaking me.

I could see the dried tears on the page from when I was crying after he had hit me.

'Touched creatively?' I said, closing the book and shoving it into my hoodie pocket.

'You must be insane!' Sanemi stated, pulling me closer to him in a hug.

'Well.. it was normal for me then..' I mumbled under my breath, close to tears.

I haven't been hugged like this in a long time.

'That is not normal,' sanemi stated once more, pulling away from the hug, except rubbing my cheek with his thumb, his hand resting against my head.

'Well, what about you? You said you would tell me about yourself, so tell me'
I stated, poking at his cheek.

'Well, genya isn't exactly my only sibling,' sanemi mumbled, averting his gaze from my eyes.

'we used to be a family a nine, then my "father" left, my mom went kind of crazy. She killed my other five siblings and then herself. Genya and I were both upset with each other for something, so we both went to our friends' houses. Genya went to muichiros, and I went to shinobus' sanemi, who explained, looking at the ground and rubbing his neck nervously.

'And well.. genya is only my half siblings. We have different fathers. Which would explain why I have white hair while he has black hair. I'm also the oldest out of all my siblings' sanemi, "I said with a small smile.