Chapter Twenty-One

Tomioka pov:

They came in after talking, seemingly a bit odd, yet not much different.

'What'd they want to talk about?' Nezuko asked.

'Nothing important, just begging once again,' kanae sighed.

'I'm kind of starting to feel bad, I think I was kind of harsh..' I admitted out loud.

'To harsh?' Daki asked me, shocked.

'Well yeah- like.. it wasn't all that deep, and now I lost a friendship over it as well?' I asked, extremely confused by my situation.

'Well, why don't you and your friends go out for a few hours tomorrow? Hm?' Kie asked me.

'Could I, Kanae?' I asked her, and she nodded.

'Of course! Maybe they could convince you to be a bit harsher! Just make sure to be home by 6 pm whenever you come back from a hangout,' she said, and I nodded.

'Of course,' I stated.

__________
(The next day)

My friends and I were all hanging out together, enjoying our time together.

'It's almost six. Are you ready to start heading back?' Daki asked, looking all around.

'Of course!' Nezuko said, wrapping her hand around my arm. 'Did you know, giyuu, that I have a girlfreind' nezuko asked me and I looked at her in surprise.

'You do?' I asked.

'Yep!' She said with a big shit eating grin.

'Who would want  date you?' I asked her, and she huffed, bringing her arms to cross over her chest in a pout.

'You would actually be so surprised how many people I have to scare off, nezuko really has grown up,' tanjiro said, also walking beside me.

'Oh! Giyuu and gyutaro used to protect me when we were younger!' Daki said, and tanjiro looked confused.

'What about makomo?' Tanjiro asked.

'Sabito would be the one to protect makomo. The dude would take any chance he got. Whenever she did get hurt, he would kiss her little boo boo better,' I said, looking over to makomo, who was blushing.

'You didn't have to add that last part,' makomo stated, and I just sighed.

'But now they are broken up, and I have to protect her, isn't that right, baked bean?' I said, pinching her cheeks.

'Wha- baked- baked bean?!' She asked me.

She hit me over the head, standing on her tippy toes.

'BAKED BEAN THAT' she yelled at me, and I just smiled.

'Sure, buddy,' I said, removing her hand off me and standing up straight.

She was only 4'11 so she couldn't reach me even if she tried.

She probably couldn't even reach the top of the table.

How exactly did sabito fall in love with her if she couldn't even bring food to the table?

Haha, funny joke.

'Why don't you still protect daki then?' Nezuko asked, noticing the phrases daki used while explaining about our younger selves.

'Oh! I can defend myself now!' She stated, grabbing her kanzashi out of her ponytail.

'Those are practically her only weapons for self-defense' gyutaro sighed.

'It's worked though,' daki said, coming up onto the driveway.

'We are here!' She said, grabbing me and letting me go in first.