Chapter Fifteen

A/N is just a reminder that this will be a chapter of giyuus past. It isn't mandatory to read, but it would probably be helpful just to know everything about his past and stuff.

Tomioka pov:

'Giyuu, come here for a second!' I heard tsutako call for me.

It was my 8th birthday today, and I was extremely excited.

'Coming tsu!' I yelled back, hurriedly hopping off my bed to head to her room.

When I made it to her room, she had a small box that was wrapped neatly with blue wrapping paper.

'Happy birthday, giyuu!' Tsutako said to me excitedly.

She passed me the box, waiting eagerly for me to open it.

I opened it the best I could without ripping all the wrapping paper, I knew mom would yell at me if I wasted it.

Mom doesn't like it when I waste things.

When I opened the box, it revealed a diary like book, along with those little alphabet things.

You know, the ones that you draw in so you can write the letter perfectly.

I noticed a few pencils in it as well. Some animal erasers thrown in the box as well.

I didn't know if tsutako was making fun of me or not. It was slightly confusing.

'Tsu, I can't write, remember? Momma hasn't fixed me yet,' I said to her.

She looked at me wholeheartedly, concern plastered on her face.

'What do you mean fixed you yet? You aren't broke,' she stated, and I looked at her confused.

'Dad always says that I'm broken. He keeps telling momma that I should be fixed,' I said to her, confused.

'Well, this will help... "Fix" you, okay? Just practice writing. Soon, it will just become muscle memory,' "she said, and I nodded.

I opened the book, attempting to write my name on the cover.

'Here giyuu, this is why we have the letter stencil,' tsutako said calmly.

She grabbed my hand and the stencil, placing the pencil I was writing with inside and moving it along the shape of the 'g.'

'See, this is cool, isn't it?' She asked me with a small smile.

'Yeah, what letter is this one again?' I asked her as she helped me write my name.

'That was a G, then an I, after was a Y then two U's.' She explained to me, pointing at the letters.

'Are they supposed to look like that?' I asked her, looking into her eyes curiously.

'Yes, giyuu, aren't they pretty?' She asked me curiously.

'They are! Thank you, tsu! I'll promise to always write in this book!' I said, hugging my arms around her neck excitedly.

'Hm? Giyuu, you'll eventually run out of pages.' "She laughed, rubbing her hand against my hair soothingly.

'When I run out, you can just buy me another book! Right?' I said to her excitedly while I sat in her lap.

'Of course, you know.. you have such beautiful hair, I don't think I ever want you to cut it,' she said with a small smile, burying her face in my hair, still stroking a long strand through the tips of her fingers.