1

𝟭: 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

𝟭: 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

The activity of New York City was constant, with pedestrians and vehicles going about their business all day and night. However, there was still a sense of peace and tranquility that pervaded the city, despite the busyness of its hustle and bustle. The continuous motion of the city dwellers was a reminder that life never paused in the city. This slow and leisurely pace of the night and the calm air, enveloped the landscape, so soothing and calming, almost as if the night knew how to keep a secret.

New York City was quiet. Perhaps too quiet.

This was how Spider-Man and Venom's night routine looked like: Lounging at their favourite rooftop whilst awaiting for crime to happen in New York City.

Now, according to Mark, if they weren't patrolling, their night routine would sound something like bedsqueaks. He said that, not me. I never expected Mark to be so concupiscent. I really didn't, and sometimes it still surprised me.

Although he said he preffered spending time in my bedroom, he also loved protecting the city.

Thus, that was what we were doing now.

I perched myself at the edge of the rooftop, dangling my legs over the side and looking up at the night sky. My eyes glistened like gems in the darkness, and I inhaled deeply, savouring the warm night air. Meanwhile, Mark was legitimately sitting on the building's wall. He had his back nestled against the bricked wall with the top surface of his thighs pressed against his chest.

"God, I hate quiet nights." Mark heaved. He cupped his bare face and peered up to the moon, his doe eyes illuminating majestically. "It's like... Do these people even appreciate how long it takes us to get here?"

I cocked an eyebrow. My gaze landed down to where he was. "Would you like it better with people dying down there?" I inquired. That was obviously a rhetorical question.

"No~ Of course not." Mark said defensively with his head shaking. He cautiously crawled up to where I was and took the seat next to mine. The sides of our arms touched. "It's just tedious, you know? Feels like your lectures in NYU, doesn't it?"

I blinked and shrugged my shoulders before glancing back at the bustling city below us. "I wouldn't know." I mumbled.

"I knew it!" Mark exclaimed thunderously. I could see his face morphing into a look of disappointment. "You've been skipping your lectures, haven't you?" He squinted. I knew with that face of his, I couldn't spit a lie.