9

𝟵: 𝗔𝗡 𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗜𝗧 𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

The atmosphere hung heavy and still. Birds were silent, insects hidden, and the air stagnated and silenced. The sun was shrouded by hazy clouds and the sky itself turned a sullen grey. I could even already smell the earth's aroma seeping into the air, creating a sweet smell of the approaching rain. Yes, this was a predication of the weather.

Of course... The weather had to act so stereotypical while I was here in the cemetery.

I clutched my arms close to my body to draw myself inward in an attempt to generate some form of heat. My lungs stung with each breath, as though the cold air was piercing my flesh and turning my organs into icicles. It was definitely getting colder day by day as seasons shifted.

I stared at the grave before me, the final resting place of Jaehyun, seeking out something, anything, that would allow me to escape the overwhelming grief I had felt since his death. Even now, when I felt the cold permeating my body, his absence gripped me like a vice.

It was a routine for me and Mark. - To visit Jaehyun at least once a week.

The routine wasn't always something we would success in, especially since nowadays we had busy schedules, but we always tried.

My eyes then wandered to the bouquet of roses I held in my hands.

I approached the grave and kneeled down, my knees sinking into the damp grass. I stared at the letters spelling out his words. Despite the cold morning air, my body felt hot with emotion, as though my entire being was trying to resist the urge to cry. I reached out to the place the flowers on top of the headstone, gently adjusting them so that they lie parallel with the words on the stone.

"I can't believe it..." I mumbled lowly. "Jaehyun and I actually interacted before... How could I forget that?"

Venom: It was a 10 second interaction, there were barely any eye contact nor verbal communication... Remembering that would've been impossible.

"You're right, it would've been impossible... But I also just can't believe that he had known me for a year prior our actual encounter, and that he actually.... That he..."

Venom: Liked you?

"Yeah..."

Venom: I told you already about this, but I presume you didn't think I was being genuine and sincere when I said that he was deeply into you. Jaehyun liked you, like a lot. When we found out that you apparently didn't have a "boyfriend" as Donghyuck claimed, he still kept his distance.