6

𝟲: 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

Naomi was right. The following day, Captain Walkers and Mr. Hwang asked Spider-Man and Venom to meet up with them at the Oscorp Tower.

Thus, we stood in the middle of the lobby in our ridiculously outlandish suits amongst a sea of formal attire, feeling out of place and out of touch with the stuffy atmosphere. It wasn't anything surprising that these 'fucking entitled people' were throwing the most dreadful and judgmental gazes at Mark and I. We were warned already from yesterday, so we expected this.

Mark seemed more uncomfortable and awkward, like an island in a vast sea. I on the other hand, was more imposing and confident, seeming to care less about their looks of critique.

Neither of us knew how to act in such an environment, so we simply stood here, waiting for Captain Walkers and Mr. Hwang.

"Umm Mark... Why the hell are you holding my hand?"

"I feel kinda nervous and uncomfortable in here. Don't you?"

"Yeah I do, but you holding my hand makes me even more uncomfortable."

"Oh... Sorry."

It wasn't because I didn't want to hold his hand, the location for display of affection right now just wasn't appropriate. It was probably best to save that for later.

The wait felt never ending, and so did the stares from everybody else. It was starting to get unbearable. I wondered how Donghyuck could possibly spend his entire day here.

"Ahh~ Spider-Man and Venom! Thank you so much for making time to meet us." Finally, I heard the voice of Captain Walkers. He drew closer to Mark and I with a proud and gleeful smile, with Mr. Hwang standing right next to him. "I hope this wasn't any inconvenience, but we truly would like to have a word with the two of you."

Mr Walkers stood tall in his suit, exuding authority and command. He wore his badge with pride, bearing the shield that symbolized New York City's finest. His uniform was sharp and pressed, giving him an imposing presence. He was stern, but kind, his face expressing a caring warmth underneath his no-nonsense demeanor. Although he could look intimidating, I had known him ever since my Freshman year because of Naomi, and he was the kindest man ever.

How funny would it be to take my mask off, and reveal to him that I was his daughter's best friend?

I placed my folded hands behind my back, and gave him a small nod. "Not a problem sir, we're always here if you need us." Mark just nodded, showing his agreement to my words.