2

𝟮: 𝗢𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗣'𝗦 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

The two box vans moved with wildness and urgency, rushing past buildings like a storm raging through a city. They seemed unconcerned about the busy roadways as they made their own course, evading obstacles and swerving through traffic with no regard for safety or prudence. The sirens of police cars could be heard in the distance, but they faded gradually, indicating that they were losing the chase with the vans.

As I and Mark tagged with, we had the entire sight below us, and that was an advantage.

Mark and I raced with determination, the two of us pursuing the vans with ferocity. Mark swung through the city, the wind whistling in his ears as he danced through the New York skyline. He moved with a sense of precision, each swing sending a flicker of adrenaline through his body. And I was hot on the trail, my leaps sending vibrations through my body. I was relentless and determined to catch up, as I followed the roofs closely behind the van, getting further ahead with every leap.

Mark swung up and appeared from my peripheral view. As he stayed in air for a few seconds, he turned to look at me. "Have a plan?" He shouted to me.

Focused on running and leaping, I could only answer briefly. "Improvisation perhaps?"

Mark gave me a thumbs up. "Genius plan!" He exclaimed. "You take van 1, and I'll take van 2. Be careful, okay? I love you!" And with that, he swung away from where I was.

I focused on the road below me again after seeing Mark's departure.

Van 1 must be the one up front, the one on the lead. Target locked.

I sped my pacing and leaps to catch up with the van, my movements becoming more frantic and urgent. Though, the vans were pulling away quickly, but I was not going to let them escape. The speed of my leaps only increased, as I gained on the van with determination. I drew closer and closer, and when I acknowledged the opportunity to jump and land on the vehicle's roof, I did.

But amid that, I could hear Mark from the distance, approaching the same vehicle as I did. "Thought you could get away from me didn't ya? I gotcha, right where I wantcha!" Mark let go off his webs and jumped down the van with opened arms. "Surprise!"

Both Mark and I landed on the roof at the same time, facing each other. Even with masks on, we could definitely read each others faces. I was clearly annoyed, and he was more shocked to see that both of us were pursuing the same vehicle. And soon, as expected, the other van had diverted its way through the road and was lost in our sights.