8

𝟴: 𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗧𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉 (𝙅𝘼𝙀𝙃𝙔𝙐𝙉)

𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉 (𝙅𝘼𝙀𝙃𝙔𝙐𝙉)

(GENETIC MEMORY PASSAGE)

And that's a wrap for tonight.

Spider-Man and I immediately fled from the crime scene and ensured the NYPD wouldn't catch up with us. As we reached one of New York's many rooftops, we unmasked ourselves to steady our breaths. We were exhausted, very exhausted in fact, however we were satisfied that we managed to save the night yet again.

Amid our process of catching up with our breath, I noticed how the darkness practically covered city. There was something so beautiful about nights... perhaps it was the serenity of the silence, the sight of the moon and the stars up above. Almost as if they all belong to me, or us, a reminder of the fact that we're the keeper of the night or New York in general.

When Spider-Man pulled off his mask, he huffed out loud and heavy. I could see his face very clearly. He had doe eyes, carved brows, sharp contours, smooth skin and a cheek beauty mark. "Jeez. The cops just loves us. Don't they?" He inquired sarcastically.

The Symbiotic black skin crawled down to my neck to reveal my face likewise. With a small sigh, I turned to face Spider-Man. "There's nothing we can do about it. They will realize someday that we're not the bad guys." I predicted.

Spider-Man scoffed with an eye roll, his lips vaguely forming into a cute pout "Well they better realise soon. I'm so sick of them claiming we're dangerous anarchists! They can't even show a bit of gratitude for the help we give them?" Spider-Man opened his arms and shrugged his shoulders a bit. "I mean come on now! What's so threatening about a dude in red and blue spandex?"

I couldn't suppress a small smile. Spider-Man was a funny dude, I'd admit that. I'm thankful that he possessed that type of personality, as it made this "job" more entrancing and enjoyable. On the contrary, I'd say I'm more the calm one.

"Yeah... But you know, not everyone's fond of spiders?" I chuckled lightly. "No offense or anything but... I keep a spider spray under my sink."

Spider-Man gasped out loud. He took a step back. "That is foul. Very foul." I crossed his arms and faced away from me with a sardonic attitude. "No offense or anything but people would rather have Spiders than parasites!"

Venom: Parasite?!

Funny. Spider-Man definitely knew that we hated being called parasite because it was a vulgar insult in Venom's homewolrd. So I applaud Spider-Man for creating a good retort.

I didn't really reply, I just smiled and rolled my eyes.

Spider-Man's frown slowly turned into a smirk. "But like dude, genuinely, maybe if you showed them your face they'd pounce on you instead of running away. I'd personally do it. You're very good looking."