5

𝟱: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥  𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

𝟱: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝙅𝙐𝙇𝙄𝘼𝙉𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉

The adults were in the kitchen, and the teenagers were lounging and waiting inside the living room.

Being with Naomi, Mark and Donghyuck was still the same, the same as how we used to be in Midtown High.

It was the perfect balance.

Donghyuck and Naomi tended to be the chaotic couple, they always fooled around and bickered (romantically, or so they claimed). Meanwhile, Mark and I were pretty composed most of the time. We always just lay on each other and talk about everything we could think of without having the need to argue. It was however a contrast when we were Spider-Man and Venom. Somehow, we kinda become more chaotic. Perhaps it was because of the stress and dread we would come across.

As I entered the living room, I noticed that they all remained at their very same spot. The only difference was that their attention was on the conversation they were having.

Mark, whom was perched on the rugged floor, turned to look at me. "Oh hey~ Do they need help back there with cooking?"

I looked at him with a pitiful smile. "I love you from the bottom of my heart, but I don't trust your cooking. Stay out of my kitchen."

Mark patted on the empty spot next to him, beckoning me to take it, and I did. I scooted close to Mark and felt his hand on my thigh, his fingertips tapping a rhythm. All of us then engaged in a collective conversation to kill time, or to attempt ignoring the hungry beasts in our stomach.

"Did you guys know that Chenle became Captain of the basketball team in Midtown High?" Naomi announced. She plastered a proud grin on her lips. "Wasn't that like his biggest dream? It's nice that he achieved it before graduating."

Donghyuck cocked an eyebrow. "You're still updated with whatever is happening in that shithole?"

Naomi shrugged. She twirled her finger around Donghyuck's brown locks, making the boy's eyes feel heavy. "I'm just updated because I still talk to a few people from the SoMe Club. I mean I quite miss Midtown, not gonna lie, NYU is absolute torture."

Donghyuck snorted. "You're still talking to those people? How lame. Man, that club was ass-"

Naomi was definitely offended by this. She had every right to, she devoted most of her time in high school with that club, so obviously it was precious to her. Naomi pulled her hand away from Donghyuck's hair, then crossed her arms against her chest. "You were literally part of that club too, asshole?"