Who she is

When you have lost everyone you feel as if there is no one for you to turn to. You feel as if you have no light in the shadows, no hope in the darkness. You don't feel like yourself. Annalise Evans has lost everyone. Her parents, her brother, her best friend, her fiance. She doesn't feel like she has anyone to turn to. That is all she has ever wanted. A safe place. A family. A happy life. Time after time she finds herself looking up at the sky, asking a God she was angry at why he would do this to her. Yet, she never hears that voice people have spoken about when speaking of a god. It's just silence. Nothingness. Emptiness. 

Annalise has been rejected, hurt, and as lost everyone.  She doesn't know what to do with the pain so she turns to alcohol or anything to numb the pain she doesn't ever want to feel. No one ever talks about the aftermath of being hurt by someone or losing someone. The main reason is because they're afraid to. But Annalise isn't. She can't be afraid. She can't be a little girl when she's lost everything. She lost her parents at twelve and lived on the streets because her brother was in another country. She lost her brother when she was fifteen because of the war he was fighting in. She lost her best friend when she was seventeen because of a group of girls spreading false rumors about her. She lost her fiance at twenty one because he decided he wanted her bridesmaid instead.

She has nothing left. Nothing left but an empty apartment and twenty three years of regret. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

A/N

I promise its not going to be this depressing in the next few chapters I just need to start this off like this to leave room for character development. I promise it gets better. Just give it a little bit of time.