Beggars can be choosers

Andrew 

Smoking always helped me get through all the shit in my life. Many people don't think I've had a hard life when in actuality, I have. Yes I grew up wealthy and he's I grew up on the better side of town but having overly critical parents and a drug addiction at fifteen made things that were supposed to be good, really shitty, really quickly. 

But having a little bitch ass girl who isn't any taller than 5'1 telling me that smoking could kill me   pissed me off. I was one foot in the grave and twenty seven years old, if I cared I would've stopped. It's already bad enough having to give up drugs but I refuse to stop smoking. Simple as that. 

No one has a say over my life. No one but me. If I can't have drugs I need sex. If I can't have sex then I need to smoke. And if I can't smoke then I'm going to kill someone. Thankfully I've never had to go to the third solution. Not yet. However if I did want to kill someone, it would preferably want to kill a certain girl with blue doe eyes and pale ass skin, possibly going by the name of Annalise Evans.

 She walked in on me and Clara, our CEO getting ready  to have sex. She's fifty eight and in those years of life she's never heard of a damn toothbrush because I hate kissing her. 

That's why I always try to pull away from her but she doesn't let me. Not saying that it's not attractive but not on her.

 I know why her husband divorced her and that's one of the main reasons. Of course she decided to lecture me like she was my mother which she wasn't. The one thing she didn't know I knew about her was that she was jealous. 

Despite her denying it, I knew. She was attracted to me. Too bad she was the last person on earth I would even consider being with. 

She was annoying, inconsiderate, and ugly. Not my type.

Plus I'm not into women who cant control their emotions. Several times in the past week I've walked by our office, which was surrounded by glass windows, I've seen her crying. I'm assuming it's whoever she has a picture of in her desk.

But I don't really care. She's not that special.

It had been a few days since I last showed up at work. I was taking a couple of sick days. In reality I wasn't sick, I just didn't want to see her. The last time we had spoken, it didn't end to well.

Flashback

"Why don't you care about your health?" She asks in that annoying voice that I've hated since the first time she's spoken to me. "I do I just don't give two fucks when it comes to lung cancer." I respond sarcastically.

Her jaw clenched in clear annoyance. The vein in her neck that I noticed, when I was sitting on my ass for two and a half hours, always popped up when she was stressed. 

God it was so annoying. She always complained that I did nothing but in all truth, I did. I would watch how she reacted to things. How things effected her.

Every little move she made, I knew, it annoyed her and it was honestly a fun way to spend my days. Every day on lunch break I would go to Clara's office  and spend an hour and a half watching her come several times and me none. She always said it was because I was being generous but in reality I just didn't enjoy it.

"How can you not care about your health. Do you want to die when you're thirty?!" She shouted at me on our way to the elevator. "I'm twenty seven and I've done almost everything I wanted to. If I died right now, I would die without any regrets which is the entire point." I say not even glancing at her once.

When the elevator stopped at our floor I get out in the opposite direction from our office. I needed a coffee break and I knew that she wouldn't be following me any time soon. Not if I annoyed her the way I thought I had been doing this entire time.

End of flashback 

I walked into the office only to see her typing away on her laptop like every morning. "You're back." She states as if I hadn't noticed. "You're amazing at observing obvious shit." I say, sitting down in those stupid fluffy white chairs that I want out of my office but she's ignored me every time I've said anything about it. I kick my feet up onto her desk and grab a magazine that she claimed she helped on when I  gave her all the ideas on it. Like I said, annoying. 

She rolled her eyes and continued typing on her computer. I put the magazine down and glance around the office. She had a board filled with designs pinned to it and they weren't that bad. 

If anything I'm surprised that someone like  her could come up with designs like that.  

There were things like gowns our skirts and even men's dress shirts on that board and then she was her. So plain, so boring, so simple. Way to simple to come up with something like that.

Someone was doing those for her.

"Why are you staring at my board?" She asks, her blue eyes finding mine. "Not important, what is important though is who the hell are doing those for you?"  Her mouth falls open and she stairs at me with wide eyes. "Those are all my designs, nobody is doing them for me." She mutters. I can't help but scoff. "Lying. I didn't know someone like you could do that." 

"Nobody is making those but me!" She shouts. My jaw hardens as I look at her. I made her mad which is what my goal was but her yelling at me was something I had never allowed from anyone. 

Especially not some as plain and simple as her. 

I look at the clock and decide it's time for a break. I get up and stroll  to the elevators. Once I get in I hit the button for the twentieth floor.

Clara's floor.

A/N

This chapter took way too long but I'm so happy! This one was harder to write because I want him to come off as a jerk and rude and just not a good person so that way I can leave room for character development. I'm just not used to writing characters like this but I'm gonna try my best.

Anyway the next chapter should be up later today because I've already started with it and if it's not today I'm sorry!

Anyway I love you guys ❤️❤️❤️