Firsts

Annalise 

Andrew slapped his credit card onto the marble of the counter and ordered our drinks. I tuned him out, my eyes focused on Samantha and James and how James looked like he was jealous. When he left me, he left me with nothing. I didn't even know who I was at that point in time. I was a wallflower. I watched as life passed me by but when he left, I felt almost renewed just as much as I did betrayed.

He left me for Samantha. Don't get me wrong Samantha was gorgeous. Big brown eyes with blond hair and a smile that could easily blind people because of how white and perfect her teeth were. I was nothing compared to her. 

But James was someone I had all my firsts with.

First roommate

First crush 

First real boyfriend 

First person to have sex with 

First person to get engaged to

I thought I was going to be with him for the rest of my life but when things ended between me and him, it broke me. He didn't have to leave me. I already knew he was cheating. He was always coming home late, he changed the password on his phone and he refused to tell me what it was, he was always turning away from me when he was on his phone and I one time came home and there was a bra in my couch. 

Samantha's bra.

I was planning on leaving but he left me before I could do it.

But I felt free. Sad, betrayed, but free. Almost like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I wasn't happy but I was free. For the first time in what felt like forever I was actually somewhat happy. I got a job that I love, I was getting closure in what happened to my parents and to my brother, I was getting over James and focusing on myself before I dated anyone else. I was becoming someone I could actually admire and hoping other people could admire too.

But seeing him again brought it all back. The pain, the guilt, the sadness. It brought back the wallflower I thought had died a long time ago.

 I became quiet and making sure to avoid Andrews eye contact.

 We were waiting for our drinks before Andrew broke the silence just by saying "Why the hell are you being so quiet?" His voice was low enough for only me to hear because of our close proximity to James and slutty fake-blond bitch.

I swallow thickly and turn to face him.

 My eyes flicker up to his and I finally say "I don't want to be around them." I mutter to him. I wasn't lying. I hated seeing James again.

 His hazel eyes brought back how many lies he told me. His black hair reminded me of when we were at the beach and he got an ass ton of sand in his hair. His smile reminded me of how much I missed his dimples.

Seeing him reminded me of how much I missed him.

"Then go back to my office." He says, placing his hands on either side of me, almost as if he was trapping me in. "Our office" I hum in response. He rolls his eyes so far back I'm surprised they didn't get stuck up there. I fiddle with the button on his shirt that he left unbuttoned, most likely thinking it would make him look sexier when in actuality, it didn't. Even though I hate to admit it, he smelled amazing. 

"Either way," he begins, his eyes flicking away from mine and over to James. I think it might just be me but it's almost as if his eyes darken. I can tell that he doesn't like James. "Just go back to my  office and I'll bring the coffee to you." 

He offered. This was the first time he was actually being nice to me instead of an inconsiderate asshole. "I couldn't ask you to do that, Andrew." I say trying to fight back. "Yes you can. I hate the way that guy is looking at you so just go back to the office." He says, his eyes never meeting mine but instead straying over to James. His jaw was clenched and his body was tense.

"Why do you care so much?" I ask, trying to stop the way my eyes trial over his face as if I'm slowly admiring his features. The way he tenses up even more tells me that I've pushed to far even with a simple little question. Something deeper happened here, something he was deciding he wasn't going to let me know. He moved his hands away from either side of me and tucked his hands into the pockets of his slacks. He cleared his throat and said "Get me my damn drink and meet me back in my office." He walked off, making it clear that he was pissed off.

James left Samantha at the table in the corner where they were seated. "I saw what happened between you and that guy." He said, acting as if he actually gave a damn about what I did. Even if he did, why now? Why not when we were engaged and when I thought we were actually happy.

"I don't like the way he was staring at you." I turned my head to meet his gaze and I cleared my throat. "He's not in the best mood." I say, being completely honest just not giving the reason. Hell, I didn't even know the reason. "He was staring at you like you where the one thing that mattered to him. How long have you two been going out?" I try to ignore his question but I hate ignoring people, even James, if you can even consider him a person at this point.

"Close to a year. We just moved in together." I say, forcing a smile to grace my lips. He scoffed and said "And you still haven't had us over for dinner? How about you give me the address to your apartment and me and Sami come over this weekend for dinner." My body tensed at what was coming out of his mouth. If I said no, he'll know the entire thing was a lie and then I'll look like a horrible person. On the other hand if I say yes, I'll piss Andrew off, have to do whatever the hell he wants me to do and let him come into my home because he's supposed to me my boyfriend of one year

I force yet another smile onto my face and look at James and said "This weekend is our anniversary so we'll probably be busy but if you want to come over-" I tried finishing my sentence but James cut me off before I was able to. 

"Great then we'll come over tomorrow night! Can't wait to see your place. You have my number already so just text or call me with the address. Bye Ann!" He said before leaving the cafe. "Annalise!"  The coffee barista calls my name as she sets down the drinks. I take the drinks and notice that Andrew left his card. This fucking idiot. But then I notice something different about the card. It was black.

Black is a color of a card you get when you have at least ten million dollars if not more. The cologne I smelt on him earlier smelt way to expensive and the way he always came into work in nice clothing and in a nice car made me think one thing.

Who the absolute fuck is Andrew Choi and why am I just now finding out that he's rich?

A/N

So if I'm being honest I have no idea wtf a black credit card means. I know it means you're rich but that's about it. I have no idea how much money you have to have in order to get it, what bank you have to be under and how much money you have to spend on average just to get it 

I think this chapter uncovered more about Annalise but next chapter will be in Andrews POV.

Yes, there is a reason he got all tensed up when she asked why he cared so much and that will be revealed in the next chapter and we get into Andrews backstory a little more.

I think this one was okay, not my best work but hey if you guys like it, that's all I actually care about. There will be a trigger warning in the next chapter just in case anyone has any sort of trigger to abuse or rape or any sort of violent thing like that so that will be at the beginning of the chapter.

Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, just as much as I enjoyed reading 

Love you guys ❤️❤️❤️