Butterflies

Annalise

Today was my wedding day.

Last night I watched a scary movie with Andrew because I want him to be happy. I hate scary movies but he loves them. I stayed glued to his side the entire movie and then I was scared to sleep alone so he had to go bed earlier than usual.

But he didn't mind, at least I don't think he did. Last night I enjoyed staying in and spending time with Andrew. He was the man I was going to be marrying of course I wanted to spend time with him. And with the way that might life is going, I might as well live it to the fullest while I still can.

Andrew was going to a hotel to get dressed for the wedding and I was going to the banquet hall we were getting married at. They had rooms available for the bride and grooms party to get ready in. Andrew didn't want to run the risk of running into one of my old childhood friends. 

She was one of the ones that I haven't spoken to since I moved from Long Island all the way to Manhattan. She was a good friend while I was living on Long Island but we haven't spoke for years. Apparently she just went through a divorce and has two kids and a baby on the way. I felt bad for her but I didn't tell her about the fact that I was dying.

I had lost a lot of hair but I haven't shaved it all off yet. It was difficult for me to do it so I kept my hair shorter than normal. Lisa, the friend I was talking about, was curling the hair I had while talking to me about her sons and the third son on the way. I wasn't really paying attention.

I didn't want to think about any sort of divorce on my wedding day. I felt for her, I did but I didn't  want her failed marriage to be on my head when I was about to go into my own marriage.

I was in love with Andrew, that's all I needed. All I needed was Andrew and I was going to be okay. "Finished." Lisa said. I looked at myself in the mirror. The makeup was done and gorgeous, might I add and then my hair was perfect. Everything was perfect. I stood up and walked over to where my wedding dress was.

I felt Lisa come up behind me and help me out of my clothes that I was currently wearing, she grabbed my wedding gown that was obnoxiously huge but I loved it. She helped me into it. Looking at myself in the mirror wearing something I would never normally wear was weird. But it was a good weird. I turned to face Lisa and she had the biggest smile on her face.

I hugged her and said "I'm sorry about your husband." I hear a small sniffle from her before I let her go. "Thank you. I wish you all the luck in the world with Andrew."  I give her the same big smile she was giving me at the moment. I grabbed my flowers and out on the diamond shoes he had bought for me the same week we had gotten engaged.

It was my something new. My something blue was the ribbon around my bouquet, my something old was my brothers promise ring that he got me before he left for his deployment. I put the ring on a necklace chain and put it on my neck. And my something borrowed was from Lisa. She gave me the veil that she wore on her wedding day. She didn't want any reminders of her wedding day based on the way it ended.

I understood where she as coming from but even if me and Andrew were to end our marriage, I personally keep everything from our wedding. Me and Andrew were in love but we had only been dating for a few months. Despite the fact that I was going to be dead in four months, we might have gotten a divorce if we had longer than we do.

But then again the only reason we were rushing into the marriage was because I only had a few months left to live. 

I hear the wedding music begin and I guess I let time get away from me. Lisa gave me one last big smile before walking out the door and down the aisle because she was my bridesmaid. I decided it would be best if I walked down the aisle by myself. Both of my parents were dead but I was starting this new life alone.

But I don't mind it. I wasn't alone. I had Korey, I had Lisa and most importantly, I had Andrew. As long as I had him I would love a happy life. I make my way slowly down the aisle. I catch his eyes on mine and he gave me one of those infamous dimple smiles. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the sight of him smiling at me like I was his everything, his saving grace.

Maybe I was.

I get to the alter and turn to him. He takes my hand in his and we both turn to the priest. He began talking about something that the both of us were only partly paying attention to.

When it came time for my vows, I tensed up. I try taking a deep breath before finally getting them out. "Andrew when I first met you, I hated you more than anything. I hated how you looked at me and I hated the way you spoke to me and several other women. But looking back I don't think I ever really hated you. I just didn't know you. When we had our first kiss, it was amazing and there was nothing in life quite like it. I know now that it was something called love. You showed me love when I couldn't love myself.  I love you Andrew Choi and from this moment on, I will always love you."

He smiled and began his vows. "Annalise, I grew to love you. I didn't like you at all when we first me but  over time when I saw you stand up for what was right and fight back for things you believe in was when I realized how much I really loved you. How much I will always love you. You are my everything, you're the reason I'm still alive today. Annalise, I will always love you."

I didn't realize I was crying until he brushed his thumbs against my cheeks.

We said our 'I do's' and shared our first as kiss as husband and wife.

He was my husband and was his wife.

And I couldn't be happier with the way things were. How I wish they could always be.

A/N

So this chapter was okay. Not the best I've written and not the worst thing. 

I'm kinda indifferent with the whole thing but I hope you guys liked it.

I will hopefully be able to post later today and end it tomorrow but I dunno.

Also when may rolls around, I will not be posting. I will pick it back up again in August but I will be taking a temporary break. I'm sorry but I thought you guys should know.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Love you guys!!!