Chapter 12 - The Plan Moving Forward

Leero : Mmm hmm mhm hmmhm mhm~

A slight tune orchestrated from the young boy's closed mouth. His eyes only staring straight ahead as the reflection of vivid colors painted in his iris. His head resting on cushions while he has his attention directed towards the TV.

The television was simply playing cartoons as Leero hums with the music that plays with it once in a while. The pale white hair slightly sways as Leero, who more looks distracted, is upside down on the couch. Beside him is his mother who is watching the television as well before momentarily grabbing some chips on the side.

She munches on the chips as Leero wasn't bothered by the sound his biological mom was making as his eyes stare at the screen.

Botan looked at her son as she sees his absent stare before she picks up the remote, switching off the television.

Leero hasn't noticed it with his eyes reflecting the darkness of the television. Botan looks at her son for quite some time before slowly lowering her head. She closes her eyes in a bit of reluctance as she raises her hand.

*SMACK*

Leero fell off the couch with him flipping 360 degrees before his body landed on the ground. Leero looked up at the ceiling as he painfully squeal.

Leero : YYYOOUUUUCCCHHHHH!

He got up as he starts to rub his butt that looked a bit swollen from the slap. He looks at his mom with a small tear in his eye.

Leero : W-What was that for mom?!

Botan looked away leaving a small crack of a smirk on her face with her giggling.

Botan : Sorry, you just looked a little distracted. I just wanted you to know that I'm beside you

Leero : B-b-but you didn't have to slap me that hard.

Botan : Ok, ok I apologize so come here my little prey.

He walks over to his mom who held out her arms with him jumping on her lap as she gently brushes her hand on his head. Leero pouts with a small blush of embarrassment, he was rubbing his butt as well from the painful slap. Botan finds this a little funny as she took a mental photo of this moment.

She then continues to brush her hands against his head. Leero leaned against his mom as he was still looking down slightly. His eye lids lowering a bit as he can only stare with an absent look. Botan sighs as she rubs his head a bit before slightly tapping Leero on his cheek.

Leero notices that before he looks at his mom again.

Leero : mom why did you get my attention like that? I mean there were other ways you could've done it.

Botan : If any son of someone can be vividly distracted without noticing anything, then that son would be a hassle to even get attention from.

Leero : Of course because you and dad both get distracted unless someone snaps you two out of it with either a loud voice or a poke.

Botan : Which from my experience if that trait was to be passed on to my son, I have to let him remember what happens if he does that.

Leero looked at Botan as he pouts again, taking his attention away from her. Botan can only chuckle looking at her son's reaction as she wonders if she also ever did this in the future.

But that thought will be put away for now as she now needs to focus on her son who is still leaning against her.

Botan : So, is there something you want to talk to me about?