1. Runaway Bride

"What do we do now, Jie? Khun Moo is nowhere to be found! " Clay asked.

Everyone in the wedding planning team was in a panic frenzy. The bride of the day's wedding was missing. Nobody knew where she went.

"Have you asked the bridesmaids? " Ani, the head of the wedding planning team asked.

"We did. None of them knows where the bride is." Clay replied, whipping the thick beads of sweat rolling down his face.

"Did you check the CCTV?" Nai asked as he entered the scene.

"Oh! Yes! The CCTV!" Clay's eyes lit up "I will go check it immediately!"

The whole wedding planning team was so worked up because it was the wedding of the eldest son of the richest family in the country, the Boonruangs. The wedding preparations had started almost a year ago.

Just the number of candidates competing for the position of the wedding planner of this wedding was no less than a hundred.

No one would want to miss such a golden ticket to heaven. But in the current situation, the employees of Saiai Event Management Company who were acting as the wedding planners of the wedding felt that it was a golden ticket to hell as the bride had gone missing on the wedding day.

All the employees stood in a straight row as the CCTV footage played on the screen. It showed the bride being taken away by her boyfriend.

Pong, the Patriarch of the Boonruang family was fuming mad.

"How could you all let some guy sneak into the venue and take away the soon-to-be daughter-in-law of our family?" Yak, the groom's father yelled at the employees. He knew that if he didn't do that his father would be the one doing it.

"The girl ran away on her own account. You can't shift the blame onto others." Nai murmured standing at the back of the row.

Clay smacked his hand. "Hush. Don't create more trouble."

Nai rolled his eyes. He hated such antics. Just because the Boonruangs were rich, they were putting all the blame for the girl not being willing to marry their son on the poor employees.

"There are more than a thousand guests out there!" Yak pointed in the direction of the hall in which the marriage was to be held. "They have flown over from different countries just to attend my son's wedding! What are you all going to do now? Do you all want us to embarrass ourselves in front of so many guests?"

The Boonruangs had invited people from all sectors of the world. The guest lists included royalties, politicians, various entertainers, businessmen, and many other famous personalities. They had gone all out on the guest list.

This was the reason why all event management companies were dying to get this event. If they successfully cover it, their opportunities will be limitless. Not only on the national level but also on the international level.

"Honey, you should calm down" Gina patted her husband's back. She too was sad about what was going on, but she knew that it was not the time to play blame games.

Yak looked at his wife and sighed. He and his wife had been looking forward to this day for years. He hadn't expected the last-minute glitch that would ruin everything.

He actually didn't care about what the guests thought. He cared more about his son, whom they had convinced for the marriage with a lot of effort. He was sure that his son would use this incident as an excuse for not getting married in the future.

Gina understood her husband's concern. She got him to sit down and handed him a glass of water.

Gulping down the water, Yak was much calmer.

Gina turned to the employee. Her graceful mannerism was really imposing. She looked at each and every one of them.

None of them dared to look at her in the eye.

"Alright" She clapped her hands "I will give you all a final chance to redeem yourselves."

The employees looked up hopefully.

Gina looked at the digital wall clock. "There is about one whole hour. We want the wedding to happen today, and you all have to make it happen as planned."

Murmurs were heard in between the employees as they heard Gina's words.

Gina raised her hand, and the crowd was once again silenced. "I know what you all are thinking. So, let me explain what I meant." She scanned the crowd. "All we lack here is a bride. As long as you can find a bride, the wedding will proceed as planned."

Pong looked at his daughter-in-law proudly. He approved of the solution.

"It may even be a groom. Girl, boy, non-binary, we don't care about the gender. You can bring in any suitable candidates. The conditions are that the candidate should be from a neat background. What I mean by neat background is that they shouldn't be from a family of divorcees or remarriages. They shouldn't be involved in debts or loans. As for the financial background, it is not a big deal. We can manage it even if the child is not from a well-to-do family."

She glanced at her husband and father-in-law as if asking them if they wanted to add something else to the list.

Yak nodded and got up. "One more thing, the candidate shouldn't be involved in any messy relationships. He or she or they have to have a clean history so that the marriage wouldn't cause trouble to us in the future."

Pong and Gina nodded, completely agreeing with what Yak said.

The employees dispersed in various directions. And the active search for a last-minute bride for the Young Master of the Boonruang family began.

Some were making calls to their acquaintances or anyone they felt would suit the conditions set by the Boonruang family.

The most anxious ones among all of them were the employees of Saiai Event Management Company. They were like ants in a hot pan. They had to make this marriage happen.

Their company had huge expectations from this wedding alone. They had invested a lot of manpower and effort in making everything perfect for the wedding.

If the wedding was to fall through, they would be suffering huge losses as well. Not to mention the mockery they would have to face in the industry from all the companies who had been looking at them with envy after they bagged this project.

They would end up being the laughingstock of the whole event management industry.

"How is it?" Ani asked her employees.

"No luck, Jie. How are we supposed to find a bride within such a short period of time?" One of the employees answered. She was in the verge of tears.

"Do none of you know anyone who can take the place of the bride?" Ani asked impatiently.

"We do Jie. But none of them will be able to reach here in such a short time." Clay answered.

"But we have to do something. Is there no one among us who would like to volunteer?" Ani asked.

"Me! Me!" A female employee raised her hand, bouncing on her feet in excitement.

Ani bit her lips as she stared at the female employee. The employee looked malnourished and had a dark skin tone. She wondered if the Young master would actually say yes to the wedding if she send this female employee.

She groaned to herself in distress. This was supposed to be the best day of her career and from the looks of it, it is going to be the worst. 

Just as she was going to agree to the female employee, someone opened the door to the room and entered.

Her eyes shine as she stared at the figure of the best employee under her.