2. Groom

"Everything is set, phi. There is nothing to worry about. P' Moo and her boyfriend have already taken the ferry to Phuket. From there she will be taking a private jet to Prague. " Sailub reported as he slumped into the huge couch in exhaustion.

Getting the bride's boyfriend in and out of the wedding venue and making sure that both the boyfriend and the bride get away without being noticed, was a humongous task.

"That's good to hear. I was worried that they might get caught." Zo smiled widely at the news. It was as if it wasn't his bride who ran away.

"Does that mean that the wedding is off? " Sailom stood next to the window admiring all the floral decorations that had been done.

" I don't think so, " Saifah said looking at his phone. " I heard the caters say that your mom passed orders to find a substitute bride for you. I don't think that your parents have any intentions of letting you off this time. "

"What? " Zo's face instantly turned pale. He didn't want to get married. Not yet.

"Chill, man. They haven't found anyone yet" Saifah chuckled. He looked at the time. "There's less than ten minutes now. I don't think that they would be able to bring someone in in this short time. "

"What if they do? " Sailom asked his twin.

" If they do, then it is his bad luck " Saifah smirked.

"Don't be too glad, Fah. Once I get married, the next turn is yours. " Zo said grumpily.

"I know and I have no problem with that" Saifah shrugged.

"You seriously are willing to get married? "  Sailom stared unbelievingly at him.

"Yeah. As long as Mom and Dad find someone suited to my tastes, I don't mind settling down with that person. " Saifah answered casually.

"Then, how about you take my position in the wedding if they bring in a bride? " Zo suggested.

Saifah showed a middle finger to his friend in reply.

The door swung open and Ko, Zo's little brother walked in. The age gap between them was rather huge, making an apparent generation gap between the siblings.

" You all seem so chilled out in such a situation," Ko said doubtfully. "Don't tell me you all are the ones who helped P' Moo run away!"

Sailom immediately covered the younger man's mouth. "Nong, do you want to get all of us in trouble?"

Ko shook away Sailom's hand. "How could you all do this? Everyone is really worried outside."

"It's their fault for having forced Moo to get married to your Hia when they already knew that she was in love with someone else" Saifah retorted on behalf of his friend.

"But that man is not suitable for P' Moo" Ko reasoned.

"Suitable or not, it is for her to decide, Ko. Not you, me, or her parents." Zo casually tucked his hands inside his trouser pockets. "It's her life. She is the one who will be living with that man and not us."

"You are unbelievable, Hia!" Ko hissed. "If you had such thoughts then why didn't you say so earlier? Mom and Dad had called over so many guests, arranged such a big wedding for you two, and look what you have done."

"I never asked them to do that, Ko. If I said no to the wedding, then Moo would be forced to marry someone else. We were just doing her a favor as her friend. " Zo had no sense of remorse in his voice.

Moo had been their childhood friend. When the whole marriage topic came up, she had told him clearly that she was in love with a man whom her parents didn't approve of. She even brought him over to meet the man.