11. Engaged

"Change of plans! I am not going to pursue Pia anymore! I found the love of my life!" Sailom announced loudly.

His excitement wore down when he saw that neither of his brothers was paying attention to him.

His twin was typing away something on his laptop while the other was on his phone, playing some video games.

Knowing his brothers, Sailom chose not to disturb his elder brother and went for Sailub, who was an easier option.

"Lub, didn't you hear me?" He nudged the youngest.

"I did" Sailub answered without moving his eyes away from the screen.

"Au? Then, why are you not showing any reaction? Aren't you happy for me?" Sailom asked, not bothering to hide how upset he was with their lack of response.

"Khrab, Hia. I am happy for you" Sailub answered plainly.

"You don't sound like you are happy at all," Sailom pouted.

"That's because you have said this statement over a hundred times in the past already," Saifah said, stretching himself. 

"I have not!" Sailom defended.

"Yes, you have, Hia. You say the same thing whenever you find half as interesting to you" Sailub chirped, supporting his eldest brother.

Sailom's mood turned sour. Sailub's words were like sprinkling salt over his wound.

He, the Second Young Master of the Wongsrisai family, hasn't dated anyone in his life. Not because he didn't want to but because no one was willing to date him.

"I don't understand why I am labeled as a playboy when the two of you sleep around more than me" Sailom huffed. "Why do everyone prefer to date you while none of them reject me?"

He looked resentfully at his brothers. Both of them had their fair share of dating while he hasn't dated a single person to date. 

Even Saifah, who seemed like he was aloof to worldly affairs had a girlfriend he dated for six years.  

"I don't think it should be us to whom you should be asking, Hia" Sailub giggled. He loved irritating his brother.

Sailom glared at the youngest for poking at his sour spot.

"Come on, now. Tell us about your new crush" Saifah closed his laptop.

"You two are not allowed to make fun of me!" 

The two brothers nodded, outwardly agreeing to Sailom's condition.

Sailom cleared his throat. "Today I went to meet Pia's phi chaai in his shop."

"Don't tell me you fell in love with an employee there!" Sailub cut in.

Sailom scratched his cheek in embarrassment. "It's not an employee... It's her Phi chaai itself."

"WHAT!?" The two brothers exclaimed in unison.

"I feel for her Phi chai... That to at first sight" Sailom looked at his brothers who were staring at him with judgmental eyes. "In my defense, he is really good-looking. Plus, he has the prettiest smile I have ever seen."  

Saifah and Sailub exchanged glances and said nothing.

"I am telling the truth, guys!" Sailom insisted. "My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw his smile! I am sure that you two would have felt the same!"

Saifah narrowed his eyes. This was the first time he had seen his twin being so eccentric about someone. "Do you have a picture of him?"

He knew his twin well. The first thing Sailom does when he is interested in someone is to have his men enquire about the said person. This habit had saved him a lot of trouble.

"Of course I do." Sailom was happy. He pulled out his phone. "Before I show you his pic, I want to tell you that I have already called dibs on him. Neither of you is allowed to hit on him."

Saifah smacked his twin's head. "Have we ever hit on someone you were interested in?"

"No. But I have to be cautious, no?" Sailom said cheekily. "He is that beautiful."

He flinched when he saw Saifah raising his hand to give him another smack.

Saifah controlled his temper and lowered his hand "Are you going to show us or not?"

"Of course," Sailom had his nose high up in the air as he showed the picture that was sent to him by his secretary, not long ago.

"What do you guys think? Isn't he pretty?" Sailom looked alternatively between his brothers.

"He is," Saifah said approvingly.

"Since he is this handsome, I am sure that he has a faen" Sailub commented staring at the photo.

"Don't say such an obnoxious thing!" Sailom scolded. It would be his worst nightmare if Aum had someone.

"I am just stating a possibility" Sailub shrugged away the hostility his brother was emitting.

"You don't have to say that!" Sailom growled at him.

"What's his name?" Saifah asked. 

"Aum. Aum Prakan Rujinanon. Such a pretty name, just like him" Sailom smiled fondly at the photo.

"Did you say that he runs a flower shop?" Saifah asked the next question.

"Yes. His shop is in the next block of our office" Sailom said gleefully.

"Hia, aren't you being so fickle? You were chasing his nong saao till yesterday and today you are switching to him. So capricious." Sailub tsked.

"You brat! Have I been too liberal with you that you are making such comments?" Sailom was pissed.

It was not his fault. He did find Pia interesting as her work, personality and character was very appealing. But when he met Aum, a whole new prospective of love opened up to him. 

"Lub is not wrong, Lom. I think you should look for someone else" Saifah passed his phone back to his brother.

"Easy for you to say. No matter how you mess up, you are already engaged. It's me who has to find a partner" Sailom retorted.

"I am engaged? Since when? How come I know nothing about this?" Saifah scoffed.

"I heard Mom talk yesterday about your engagement to the Aroonnets. Don't play dumb." Sailom mirrored his twin's expression.

"Oh, that" Saifah leaned back. "I am sure Mom was joking when she said about that engagement. It has been years and our families had lost touch anyway. Moreover, no one said that the engagement is for me. The agreement was to get the children of both the families to marry each other. I wasn't specified. So, if you want you can take it up. I am not interested anyway."

"Didn't you say the other day that you are willing to get married if mom found someone for you? Then why not that person from Aroonnet?" Sailom questioned.

"Wait a minute. What is going on here?" Sailub interrupted his brothers who were about to go on an heated argument. "Who are Aroonnets? Why have I never heard of them?"

"Aroonnets are the owners AN Law firm, the biggest law firm in Asia. Our parents used to be close before they relocated elsewhere"  Sailom answered.

Honestly he had no memories of the Aroonnets. He had to use his men to dig up information about them after hearing that Saifah had an engagement with that family.