The Date

Today was our farewell

Today was our farewell. And I had decided to make it even more special for my coco.I planned a day out for us . Aunty and uncle had granted us permission for it and we had the whole day to ourselves. It made me happy to know that they trusted me with Coco and I'd never do anything to make them second guess it.

I rang the doorbell to Mathur's household. The door opened revealing my beauty. My Netra. She was dressed in a pink dress, with her hair straightened.

"So beautiful." I whispered, taking her all in. Blush crept in on her cheeks.

"Thank you." I almost missed it. She was so flustered right now. "Andhar aao, Dhruv. Say hi to mumma."

I nodded and stepped in.

"Dhruv, 10 baje se pehle Coco ko ghar drop kar dena, beta. Theek?" Aunty told me.

"Haan aunty. Aap chinta mat kijiye."

"Accha abhi tum log jao. Mai zyada aur kuch nahi kahungi. You both are smart enough. Have fun, bacche." she said kissing Coco's cheeks

In the car, I had to keep myself from continuously looking at her.

"Where are we going?" My Coco spoke up. Her eyes held curiosity and excitement.

"Sabr rakho mere hone waali biwi, jald hi pata chal jayega." She dipped her head on my response. Damn! It is so easy to make her blush.

10 minutes later, I bring the car to a halt.

"You brought me to a book cafe?" Happiness was clear in her voice.

I nodded and opened the door for her. Coco comfortably strolled past me, straight to the bookshelves. Of course, madam ko kitaabo ke aage kuch dikhayi kaha deta hai. Chuckling at her childishness, I walk to her.

"Pick out something for the both of us, okay?" She eagerly nodded. "I'm going to my books."

Call it my observation skills or stalking, over the past years, I've come to learn about my girl's likes and dislikes. Keeping them in mind, I order her a chocolate pastry and a latte. I order myself a muffin and a cappuccino.

Sitting down, I picked up the copy of the book she got for me.

"This is a very nice book. Also, how do you know what I liked?" Coco asked, pointing at the food.

"5 saal se pyaar mai hun aapke, itna toh pata hi hoga mujhe."

"But I don't know much about you, Dhruv." She pouted, cute! And I could not keep myself from smiling

"Arre, we have our whole lives, Coco. Don't worry about it." She nodded and opened up the book, ready to read.

15 minutes in and she hasn't even taken a bite of the food in front of her. Sighing, I stab the fork into the cake and put it before her mouth, asking her to eat.

"What is the book about?" I asked, still feeding her.

"Tumhare paas bhi same book hain. Tumhe nahi pata?"

"Itni khoobsurat banke tum saamne jo baithi hon. Ab tumse Naazrein hatein tab toh kitab ke baare mai pata ho." She falls silent, her face going red.

"Bohut jaldi sharma jaati ho tum."

"Bas karo Dhruv. Bohut tang kar rahe ho tum mujhe." I chuckled at her words.

A few more hours later, we left the cafe. I hope she likes our next destination. I can only hope.

"Dhruv, aap mujhe yahan..."

"Accha nahi laga?" I scratch my head. Ofcourse, you idiot! This is date aur tu isse kahan leke aa gaya. My subconscious mocked me. "Hum na kahin aur chalte hain okay, I'm sorry Co- "

"Dhruv! I'm so glad you brought me here." I faced the building with her.

Sunshine Orphanage.

"I have been coming here once a month for the past three years. I thought it'd be a good idea to bring you here. I want you to meet everyone here."

Coco smiled at me.

"It is a good idea. Chalien?"

We started walking inside when she stopped and looked at me. "Hum aise khaali haath aa gaye, Dhruv." I smiled. She is so thoughtful and caring.

"Maine khaana mangva diya hain. We'll have lunch here, okay?"

We met with the orphanage incharge, Meena ji. I introduced Coco to her and she gave us her blessings.

The children gathered around us, jumping and shouting. "Dhruv bhaiya! Dhruv bhaiya!"

"Haan baccho, mai yahin hu. Chillao mat." I take Shreshta into my arms, a 3 month old. The newest addition to this little home.

"Dhruv bhaiya, yeh kaun hain?" A kid asked, pointing to Coco.

"Meri honi waali biwi hain, Netra." His eyes widened. The kids nearby went silent and Netra looked at me with a puzzled look.

"Matlab yeh humari bhabhi hain?" A small girl shouted. I nod, answering her.

The children break into smiles and move forward to hug her. "Hi bhabhi! Aap bohut pretty hain."

Coco smiled and leaned down to match their height. "Thank you, kiddo." She leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

Mera kiss? Chup hoja, bhai.

After a while, we settled down to have lunch. A few kids take a seat on my lap, asking me to feed them. Coco comes forward and begins to feed me. Her actions definitely surprised me but I wasn't complaining.

"Aise kya dekh rahe hain?" She asked me.

"Kuch nahi. Tum bhi khaa lo." I wanted to tell her so many things. I wanted to tell her how ethereal she looked, how lucky I am to have her but this wasn't the right time. She gets flustered so easily and if she gets to know my deepest feelings, she'd definitely run away.

We spent hours playing with the kids. We took a thousand photos with them and made some of the best memories. To see my love in the place I come to find peace, it satisfied my heart deeply.

Driving to our next destination, I inwardly pray that everything goes right.