The Farewell

We walked along the entry of our college

We walked along the entry of our college. Everyone around us was chattering and clicking pictures. Somewhere during our walk, our fingers find each other. I wasted no time in intertwining them. Coco didn't react much to that. She only looked down and smiled. My heart is beating so fast. I really hope she likes my surprise.

"You look nervous. Everything okay?" Naturally, Coco noticed.

"I'm good. Nothing to worry about."

The sun has set, and it has become quite dark. It is currently 7 pm. I hope everything is ready.

We enter the hall.

"Dhruv! Did you do this?" Coco's sweet voice pulled me out of my mind.

I see the view in front of me. My friends really came through for this. The perks of being popular.

They exactly implemented my idea. In front of us was a gazebo. There was a table with candle lit in the center. The gazebo was decorated with flowers and lanterns. The path was adorned with rose petals.

"Yeah, they had help obviously but the idea was all mine." I turn to study her face.

"You like it?"

"I love it!" She clapped her hands together.

"This is something straight out of a bollywood movie."

I held her hand and led her to the inside of the gazebo.

(couldn't find the exact picture but get the idea)

"Okay I was gonna wait until after dinner but I've got to do this now."

I quickly got down to one knee, still holding her hand.

I hear Coco gasp. She looks shocked. Hopefully, that will change.

"I know that you've said yes to this marriage and I know we are already engaged but I want to do this. I know I have confessed my feelings but I want to tell everyone I belong to you, so you have no reason to be jealous.