Chapter Three - Faking It With The Star Quarterback

Hailey's POV
When I get up in the morning, my phone has hundreds of notifications on it. I have text messages from family members and friends and tons of follow requests on Instagram and Facebook from people I don't even know.

Upon investigating why this is happening, I find a video of Brock and I from yesterday after practice. It's of him hugging me after practice.

I don't even think about whether Brock is awake or not. I immediately call his cell and hope he answers.

"Pick up, pick up. Come on, Brock." I whisper, tapping my foot anxiously.

Brock's POV
I wake up to my phone ringing and find that it's Hailey calling.

"Hello?" I say tiredly. Hailey sighs in relief.

"Ah, finally, you answered."

"Yeah. I was sleeping. What's up?" I ask with a frown.

"Brock, someone took a video of you hugging me after practice and it's going viral. Everyone thinks we're dating," Hailey explains. I sit up in bed and put my phone on speaker to look at some texts from the guys and my agent, Lisa.

I find the video link in every text notification I got and pull up the link. My eyes grow wide and I run my hand over my face worriedly. While I would love to be dating Hailey, this wasn't exactly how I wanted this to go.

"Oh my gosh, Hails. I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry,"

I know I'm repeating myself but I feel so bad for accidentally bringing Hailey into all this.

"It's fine, Brock, but what are we going to do about this?"

"I don't know, but maybe you should come by before I leave for the airport. This is probably something we should talk about in person," I say. Hailey sighs.

"Alright. I'll be there in fifteen minutes,"

"Okay. See you then,"

As I'm leaving my bedroom, I hear someone knocking on my door. I sigh and run my hands through my hair. I open the door to find my agent, Lisa, at my door.

"Lisa, what are you doing here? I was just about to call you,"

Lisa's an older woman who's almost the same age as my mother and she's been a great agent so far. Today she's wearing a pantsuit in light grey. She walks into my apartment, her hands on her hips.

"We need to talk about this, Brock." She says, showing me the video I have unfortunately already watched.

"Yeah, um, Hailey's coming over this morning to talk about it." I say. Lisa nods.

"Good because I'd like to talk to the both of you about a proposition,"

"A proposition? What kind of proposition?" I question.

"I'll explain when Hailey gets here," Lisa says. I sigh and nod.

"Alright,"

A few minutes later, Hailey walks into my apartment and notices my agent with me. Hailey looks at her and frowns.

"Hailey, this is my agent, Lisa. She wanted to talk to us about something,"

"A proposition," Lisa corrects. I nod.

"Yeah. A proposition,"

Okay. What's this proposition about?" Hailey asks. Lisa shrugs.

"Well, with everyone thinking that you two are together, I think that the two of you should pretend to date."