Chapter Four - Date Night

Hailey's POV
I wake up the next morning and find myself laying on the couch. I check the time and panic that I'm late for work and then remember that it's my day off.

I sit up and yawn, running my hands through my hair. I hear someone walking into the kitchen and look over to see Brock. Once again, he's shirtless and he's wearing a pair of black Forty Niners shorts with a cup of coffee in his hand. He smiles when he notices that I'm awake.

"Good morning, sleepy head. I was just about to wake you up myself so we could go for our morning run," he says as he sips his cup of coffee.

I stare at his abs for a second and almost feel like melting. Obviously, even in high school and college, I saw Brock shirtless. Whether it was while we were swimming at my house or Brock was playing flag football with his team on a hot day, I had seen him like this.

But, for some reason, I keep thinking that he had become more muscular in the last two years he's been playing in the NFL. That his arms were thicker and his abs more defined since the last time I saw him. Maybe that's just because I haven't seen him for a little over a year, but I seriously doubt it.

"Hailey? Hello? Did you hear what I said?" Brock asks. I shake out of my trance and look up at Brock.

"Sorry no. What'd you say?"

"I said that I stopped by your apartment earlier and grabbed you some clothes to change into for our run," Brock answers. I nod.

"Oh. Thanks Brock,"

"Of course,"

Brock's POV
Hailey walks out of the bathroom wearing a tank top and a pair of black Iowa State running shorts.

"Why didn't you wake me up last night? I could've gone home," Hailey says as she grabs the cup of coffee I hand her and takes a sip. I shrug.

"I don't know. You just looked kinda peaceful so I felt bad waking you. Plus, you can be a little grumpy when someone wakes you up."

"Fair. Ready for our run?" Hailey asks as she finishes pulling up her hair. I nod.

"Yeah. Let's go,"

*

After our run, Hailey went back home to shower and change. Nick Bosa invited us over for lunch to watch a college football game with some of the guys. They mostly invited Hailey to come along with so they could meet her. I told all of them to be on their best behavior, but I know there's no guarantee that'll happen.

I pick Hailey up from her apartment a little before noon and drive us over to Nick's house. Nick owns a nice condo right outside of San Francisco and he just bought it so I'm curious to see the inside.

Lately, Nick's been complaining about his neighbor. Apparently, she's some actress who owns a penthouse apartment in Hollywood in addition to owning the condo next to Nick's. He thinks she's annoying and the two butt heads all the time.

When we arrive at Nick's house, Hailey admires the two story condo.

"Wow. This is a nice house. When are you gonna have something like that?" She asks teasingly. I laugh.

"I dunno. Probably when I've been playing a little longer and my paycheck is bigger,"

"Fair," Hailey says with a shrug as she unbuckles her seatbelt and gets out of my truck.

Hailey's POV
Brock introduces me to Nick Bosa, Christian McCaffrey, George Kittle, and George's wife, Claire. George brought her along so that I have a girl to hang out with while the guys watch the college football game.