Chapter Seven - Let's Move in Together

Brock's POV
We beat the Cardinals and I'm glad that my family was finally there in person to watch me win a pro game.

Hailey was able to call off for the week so her and I spent the entire week spending time with our family and helping her dad and brothers on the farm.

I honestly missed operating a tractor and getting up at four in the morning to milk the cows. I know most people would consider that crazy, but I don't. I think I just missed Arizona in general though.

I mean, I love San Francisco and playing pro football, but there's nothing like being back home with my family and friends.

Hailey seems to have missed Arizona too, including working on the farm, but she still can't wait to get back to San Francisco to do more marine biology work.

Hailey's POV
Brock and I's trip back home to Arizona for Brock's bye week became quite the news. Mostly because, while everyone else went on some lavish vacation, Brock chose to spend his bye week working on his girlfriend's family's dairy farm.

It felt good being home. On Sunday before Brock's game, we all went to church in the morning and I got to see all of my old friends.

I love the church I go to in San Francisco and I've made some good friends there, but my church back at home is much more special. Brock agrees with me too and he was just as sad as I was when we had to go back home to California and say good bye to our friends and family.

Brock says that we'll probably fly back to Arizona sometime during the summer to spend time with our families again.

*

It feels good being back in San Francisco and I'm even happier to be back at work at the aquarium.

A week after we get back, Brock convinces me to come house shopping with him. Brock lives in an apartment, but he wants to purchase a house.

I don't know why he wants me to come with him until I see the house he wants to purchase.

The house is about twenty minutes out of San Francisco and there's a huge yard out back. There's a barn and fenced in area for horses. The house is huge and it's perfect to raise a family in.

The realtor left us in the house alone to view the house by ourselves.

As I'm admiring one of the bedrooms, Brock comes up from behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. I jump, not expecting him to be behind me.

"Brock, you scared me. What's up?"

"Nothin'. You like the house? Think it would be something you'd want to live in?" Brock asks. I shrug.

"Well, sure, but why are you asking me? Shouldn't this be about what you want?"

"Yeah, I know, and I love this house, but I want to know if you like it." Brock says. I look over at him and frown.

"Why?"

"Because I was thinking that maybe we could move in together," Brock answers. I shake my head.

"Brock, I don't know if—"

"Hails, I love you and I can't stand watching you leave my apartment every time you come over. The same goes for leaving yours. I just want us to be together all the time. I want to wake up and have you be the first thing I see," Brock explains.

I stand there in silence, contemplating what to say. I want to live with Brock, I really do, but I'm not sure if we should yet.

Suddenly, as though it was a sign from God, my phone pings with a text from my landlord, telling me that he has upped my rent. And, judging by how much it is, I won't be able to afford it unless I got a second job or a nice raise.