Chapter Six - Back in Arizona

Brock's POV
A couple days later, I'm tossing my duffel bag into the backseat of my truck. I drive over to Hailey's apartment and go upstairs to see if she needs help carrying her bags out to my truck. I let myself inside with my key and Hailey's not around when I walk in.

"Hails! Where are you?" I call.

"I'm in the bedroom changing, but I'll be out in a second!" Hailey replies. I nod.

"M'kay. Got any bags I can take out to my truck?"

"Yeah. My suitcase should be in the living room. You can take that out while I finish getting ready," Hailey says.

"Alright. Don't take too long. We've got a plane to catch," I say, grabbing Hailey's purple suitcase.

Just as I'm about to go back up to Hailey's apartment to get her, she walks up to me with a backpack on her back and a smile on her face.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah. Let's go," I say with a smile.

*

It feels like forever since I've been in Arizona. I miss my parents and, while I hate to admit it, I miss how hot it gets too. When you're used to scorching hot summer weather in the Arizona desert, San Francisco's summers almost feel cold in comparison.

Hailey told me that the only thing she didn't miss about Arizona was the heat so we're kind of different in that way, but other than that, we both missed our hometown.

When we arrive in Arizona, we're hit with the hot Arizona heat on walking outside of the airport, making me think that maybe I don't actually miss this hot weather.

My parents said they would pick Hailey and I up, but I don't see them anywhere. As I'm about to call my mom, my older sister, Whittney, is waving us over to her and my younger brother, Preston.

"Brock! Hailey! How are you two? How's San Francisco?" Whittney asks, engulfing Hailey and I in a hug.

"It's much cooler, I can tell you that much." I mutter, wiping my sweaty brow. My sister laughs.

"Makes sense. Sorry I didn't text you. Mom and dad almost forgot about picking you two up and Preston and I were out, so they asked us to pick you up."

"That's alright. It's good to see you, sis. You too, bro." I say with a smile, giving my brother a bro hug.

"Now that we've properly said our hellos, we should probably get going. Mom and dad are gonna be really excited to see you, Brock. You too, Hailey." Whittney says.

"Yeah. We should probably get going," I say, grabbing Hailey's suitcase and my duffel bag. I put them in the trunk of my sister's SUV and get in the back seat with Hailey.

*

My mom gives Hailey and I each a hug and brings us into the living room. She instructs us to sit and tells Preston to take our bags up to Whittney and I's old bedrooms.

Whittney lives a few blocks away from my parents and Preston's only home because of fall break.

Normally Preston stays at college during fall break because it's only a few days and he doesn't like to come home for just a long weekend. Mostly because he goes to the University of Nevada. This year though, he wanted to come home to watch me play on Sunday. I even payed for his two way plane ticket so he can fly back to Nevada on Tuesday.

"You two want anything to drink?" My mom asks.

"I could use a glass of water. How 'bout you, Hails?" I ask, looking to Hailey. Hailey nods.