Chapter Five - A Real Relationship

Hailey's POV
Brock's game the next day is a noon game, so I ate quick early lunch and drive over to the Levi's stadium for the game. Claire and I have sideline tickets so we'll be right down in front. Last time I went to one of Brock's games, I had come alone and watched from up top but, now that I'm "dating" Brock, I get to be right up front.

Before going out to the field to join Claire, I go down to the locker room to wait for Brock like he had asked me to. A few minutes later, Brock comes out of the locker room with the guys. He smiles when he sees me and gives me a hug.

"Hey Hails. Here's the thing I got for you. I hope you like it," he says, handing me a small red gift bag filled with white tissue paper.

I eye him suspiciously and remove the tissue paper to reveal a 49ers jersey with the number thirteen adorning the front and back and Brock's last name on the back along with his number. I look up at him and smile.

"Oh my gosh, Brock. It's amazing. Thank you,"

"Of course. Every girlfriend has to have her boyfriend's jersey so I just had to get it for you," Brock explains. I laugh.

"Well, duh. That just makes sense. I'm gonna go change into it right now. Good luck today,"

I kiss Brock on the cheek and leave before he can even process what I had done. I find the nearest bathroom and change into the jersey. I check my hair and makeup in the bathroom mirror and go back out to the field with the jersey on.

When I find Claire on the sidelines, she's chatting with her husband. The two share a kiss and a hug and George waves to me before jogging out on the field to join his team for some warmups. Claire looks over at me and smiles.

"Love the jersey. Was that what Brock wanted to give to you before the game?"

"Yep. And I gave him a kiss on the cheek for good luck," I say with a wink. Claire laughs.

"I can just imagine how shocked he looked. Do you know if he had been shocked or anything?"

"I'm not sure. I left to change before I could find out," I reply. Claire shrugs.

"Well I'm sure he was surprised,"

I notice George and Christian whispering something to Brock and Brock's eyes linger over to me as they talk which makes me think they're talking about me. My thoughts are confirmed when Brock breaks away from the two of them to talk to me.

"Hey Brock. What's up?" I say with a smile.

"According to George and Christian, I have to kiss you before every game because it's good luck." Brock replies. I frown.

"But I already kissed you on the cheek,"

"Yeah, but apparently that's not enough. Plus, none of the fans saw you do it." Brock says. I laugh.

"I guess you're right,"

Brock gives me a hug and then leans forward to kiss me on the lips. We kiss and I place a hand on his cheek, feeling his cleanly shaven face. We pull away and Brock tucks a strand of my light brown hair behind my ear.

"Good luck, Brock." I say. Brock smiles.

"Thanks babe,"

Brock jogs away and my cheeks flush. Claire elbows me and smirks.

"He definitely likes you, Hailey."

"I know," I whisper with a smile.

Brock's POV
"So you're finally going to go out in the field as a marine biologist today?" I ask Hailey as we run past the beach on our way back to my apartment. Hailey nods.