delete my number | W.S

LONG CHAPTER YALL SORRY!
__________________________________

"y/n!!" My best friend, Claire, squeals. I turn around to see her jumping up and down. "What, what?" I laugh a little while saying that. "GUESS who just asked me out!!" I inhale and close my eyes.

"Hmmm," I pretend to think and tap my chin.
"y/n stop you totally know!" Her smile is huge as she hands me a note from her crush of 3 years, since 7th grade. I open it and all it reads is, "Will you be my Valentine? -Adam"

"Claire!!" I squeal, "Congrats I knew he had a thing for you!!" We both jump up and down and hug. I'm about to tell her about my new crush, Walker, when Adam walks up to us and takes Claire away.

I'm super happy for her! Claire and Adam dating could help me get closer to him, Adam and Walker being friends. Walker is your typical movie popular boy. He's super cute, athletic, tall, but kind of a douchebag.

I can fix him (no really I can!) I'm definitely not shy, but I don't get a lot of attention from anyone because I don't talk to people. I hear the bell ring for my favorite class. 5th period, English. I sit at my seat and watch everyone else pile in. I sit by the popular boy group, Walker being in that group.

Once class started Mr. Hall began talking about a partner project for any literary book of our choosing. I look behind me to my friend, Juliet, and we lock eyes and smile at each other. Girl code for we're-100%-partners. I turn back around with my smile still intact until I hear, "I will be choosing your partners." My eyes widen as I hear names being called.

"James and Katy"
"Shawn and Juliet"
"Raphael and Jane"
"y/n and Walker"
"Brady and Ella"

My face flushes and I turn to see Walker. I shoot a closed mouth smile at him and he rolls his eyes. I try not to be offended by that and I walk over to him. "Are you y/n?" He asked annoyed. "Um yeah I've been in all of your classes since middle school." I say awkwardly. He furrows his brows and shakes his head.

"Ok." And then he walks away. I'm starting to think I can't fix him. I sigh at that thought. The bell rings for lunch so I drop my stuff off at my next class. I see Adam and Claire talking so I go up to them. "Hey Adam, could you give me Walkers number? We're partners for a school project and I forgot to ask him." Adam looks at me. "Oh yeah sure, here." He hands me his phone with his contact, I copy the number and thank him.
_________
After school
_________
I decided to text Walker because I wanted to get a head start on the project. I tend to procrastinate and do everything last minute, but since Walker is my partner I have motivation.
__________________________________

me
hey this is y/n

__
walker
what
how do u have my number

__
me
adam gave it to me, i wanted it for the project

__
walker
fine but delete it afterwards

__
me
oh okay i will
__
walker
good

__
me
so i was thinking we meet up somewhere to work on it?

__
walker
k come over
654 woody lane

__
me
okay! be there in like 10 minutes
read at 3:56pm
__________________________________

"Hey mom!" I yell. "YEAH?" She yells back. "Could you drop me off at a friends house please? It's for a school project?" She walks into my room, "Yeah sure sweetie, I'll be in the car." I run up and hug her, "Thank you!" I get everything packed for the project. I packed: a poster board, glitter, glue, already cut out metallic letters, and ribbons.

I figured I was gonna do most of the work anyway so why not make it as girly as possible. I get into the car and arrive to Walkers house not even ten minutes later. I grab my stuff and walk up to his door. I knock twice and juggle all the stuff in my arms.

The door swings open suddenly, startling me, and I drop everything. I mentally face palm myself and go to pick the stuff up. "Do you need some help?" I look up to see Walker's best friend, Mason (yes mason thames i have a fat crush on him) looking down at me. I clear my throat to answer but he's already down here picking up my stuff for me.

"A lady shouldn't have to carry her things. After you." He holds the door open for me and smiles. I smile back. "Thank you, I'm y/n." "Yeah I know, we have math together. But if you don't know I'm Mason." I nod and look at him. We stare at each other for a good five seconds before we hear someone coughing behind us.

We turn around to see an annoyed looking Walker with his arms crossed and jaw clenched. He walks over to us and takes the stuff out of Mason's hands, "Come on y/n we don't have all day. Mason was just leaving. Bye Mason." He pushes him out the door and closes it. "If you guys are gonna flirt, don't do it at my house." "We weren't flirting, that's the first time we've talked outside of math." I make a weird face.

"Whatever just follow me." I look at him. "Please." He mumbles. I follow him upstairs to his room and take everything out of the bag. Walker scoffs. "Really y/n glitter? Bows? This is a project about Percy Jackson." I laugh, "What? Percy Jackson is not the kind of book he meant. He wanted something like Romeo and Juliet, The Scarlet Letter. Not a fantasy book." Walker rolls his eyes. "I don't think he'll care since I literally am Percy Jackson." "And humble too." I mumble.

"Okay fine we'll do what you want." I smile and pull out my phone to show him my vision board that I already made. He looks at me weird, "You really have everything planned out? He just assigned this today." I beam at him. "Yup! I love organizing!" He chuckles and shakes his head.

We decided to do a project on The Odyssey by Homer because it's a poem (literature) and it's greek mythology (percy jackson) so we're both happy. Walker even let us do the glitter, he was a little iffy on the bows but I put one in my hair and he changed his mind. Weirdo.

It's been 3 hours and we're almost done with it, it's due next week. All we have to do is decorate it, which is the fun part!! I get a text from my mom saying it's time to go. I thank Walker for everything and we say goodbye.

________

I'm getting ready for bed when I get a couple notifications.

__________________________________

walker
hey same time tomorrow?

__
me
i thought you wanted me to delete your number?

__
walker
you weren't terrible to hang out with

__
me
thanks? i think

__
walker
yeah np
but fr come over tomorrow? so we can decorate the thing

__
me
yeah sounds good!

__
walker
ok cool, night

__
me
goodnight!
read 10:39pm

__________________________________

@masonthamesofficial has followed you on instagram

__________________________________
A/N: BRO MY WATTPAD IS BEING SO FUNKY AHHH. It won't let me do the side messages yk what i mean? so now it's just straight down which looks weird i'm sorry guys😭 1255 words! there will be a pt 2 just not rn 😜 PLS COMMENT! I LOVE YOU💗💗
__________________________________