the difference between a spat and an argument | W.S

I'm sitting on Walker's couch waiting for him to come home. He invited me over today because we haven't hung out one-on-one in over a month. He's been so busy acting, I can tell he's stressed out with balancing school, work, and me. I figured we could just hang around and cuddle.

School ended over an hour ago, and he's still not home. I pick up my phone to call him when I hear the doorknob jiggle and a tired looking Walker step into view.

My eyes go wide and I smile brightly. "Walker!!" I jump up and run over to hug him. He steps back a little and barely hugs me back. I furrow my brows and laugh a little, "What was that?" He looks down at me with no expression. "What." He says in an atonal voice.

Is he mad at me? I didn't do anything so he shouldn't be. Whatever. I shake off the feeling and put on a smile. He walks past me and goes straight up to his room.

huh

I follow him up there and see him at his desk, head in his hands, looking at a very large stack of papers. Followed by a very loud, agitated sigh. I slowly enter his room not to startle him. "Whatcha looking at?" I smile. He doesn't look at me when he says, "Homework." I'm a bit taken back by his new semi-monosyllabic vocabulary, but give him some grace due to the gravity of the situation.

Gravity = Stress.

"I'm hungry." He mumbles and goes downstairs into the kitchen. I follow him and see him getting stuff out to make a sandwich. I wrap my arms around him, i've really missed him. I used to really miss him, until he snapped at me.

"Can you get off me? Jesus Christ you're being clingy." I immediately get embarrassed and unwrap my hands from him. I mumble a sorry and look up at him to find him still making his sandwich. "What's wrong?" "Nothing." I roll my eyes playfully, "Yeah, okay. I believe that. But seriously, what's wrong Walker?"

He doesn't answer. "Walker?" He turns toward me, "Can you stop? I told you nothing is wrong, let it go y/n." He said my name like it was a curse word. "Walke-" "Why are you here? We're arguing. I don't want you to cry." I huff a little, "We're not arguing, Walker. This is just a spat."

"There is literally no difference between an argument and a spat." I look at him with an amused expression. "There is a huge difference between an argument and a spat because an argument cannot be diffused within the moment, but a spat could easily be diffused with the use of a spatula."

I smirk and grab a spatula out of a drawer. He looks at me like i'm a crazy lady, I am. I get closer and start whacking him lightly in the back with it. "What are you doing?" I don't say anything but continue to whack him. I whack him in the head and then on his stomach.

"Stop it!" I look up at him and smile. I whack him in the face a little rougher, oops? His face softens as he looks at me, spatula in hand, about to whack him in the chest. He laughs.

A loud, super sweet, heartfelt laugh.

I laugh.

He grabs another spatula from the drawer and whacks my spatula with his spatula. I hit his back. Now we're full on spatula-light-saber battling.

We're a laughing mess while hitting each other with spatulas. We look so crazy. But we don't care. This goes on for about 10 minutes until we're both on the ground laughing.

It wasn't even that funny but he was smiling, so I was smiling. It was so nice to see him smiling again. We calm down as he clears his throat.
"y/n/n?" I look over to him and tilt my head. "God, you look so pretty." "What?" I didn't hear him. "Huh?" He says. "Anyway, i'm so so sorry for being such an ass earlier. I don't expect you to forgive me, but please hear me out." I nod.

"I've had so much work to do. Homework, acting, housework. You get it. It was so hard balancing them that I forgot how to treat you, and I regret it a lot. I snapped at you constantly but you didn't falter once. You kept trying to cheer me up. Thank you y/n/n. I love you."

"I love you too, Walker. But I don't forgive you." He looks at me with a soft expression, "I understand." "Unless you get me chipotle!! Then you'll be soo forgiven, I might even kiss you!" He chuckles at me, "I don't deserve you." "I know!" He gets up and offers his hand, "Okay, let's go get chipotle."

I get up and kiss his cheek. "You missed." He smiles, "Ehh, we'll see how I feel after food." "Actually? Please?" I mock him, "You're being so clingy." His jaw drops and he pulls me in, and kisses my head. My arms immediately wrap around his body.

"I love you baby."

"I love chipotle."

"Wait, what?"

_________________________________
A/N: HEAVILY inspired by Gilmore Girls!! this is also my love confession to chipotle🥰🥰 i reallyyyy hope you guys like this, because i do hehe 😜 THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT. I LOVE YOU, YOURE AMAZING. AS ALWAYS, pleaseee comment! LOVE Y'ALL!!💗💗💗
_________________________________