fearless | W.S

"And I don't know why but with you, i'd dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless."
Fearless -Taylor Swift
__________________________________

Walker and I are asleep in his room when I get woken up by lightning striking and thunder rumbling. I groan in frustration but reluctantly get up. I'm not scared of thunder storms, i'm scared of the timing. You never know when thunder or lightning will strike and it's frightening sometimes. I sit up and hug my knees to my chest, and burrow my head in my knees.

I didn't want to wake Walker up over something so pathetic, so I stayed scared in silence. Until, I finally started to fall asleep when thunder and lightning struck so double whammy. I jolt up and hit my head on the backboard. "Ouch!" I say but quickly cover my mouth, trying not to wake Walker. Too late.

I hear him stir in his sleep and go to reach for me, but i'm not there. He sits up really fast with a confused look, until he turns around. I smile awkwardly at him and wave. "y/n? What are you doing up?" He slurs. "I got woken up by the storm and got scared." I say barely above a whisper. "Why didn't you just wake me up?" He moves closer to me and puts his head on my shoulder, wrapping an arm around my lower back.

"Because i'm 15 and shouldn't still be scared of a thunderstorm." I cover my face with my hands, embarrassed. Walker chuckles, "Aww, that's adorable." He rasps due to not being fully awake, so he has a morning voice. I look at him to find him already looking at me. "Let's try and go to sleep all right? Are you okay?" I nod and slowly lay back down. Walker lays down beside me and opens his arms.

I lay my head on his chest and I feel Walker's hand on my back scratching it slowly. A bit of time goes by and I still can't fall asleep, but I hear Walker's little snores so he's asleep. I slowly turn around to check the time, 3:32 am. I inhale and exhale deeply. Then, thunder and lightning strikes again but this time Walker jolts awake.

He looks around frantically, but when he sees me his facial expressions soften. Walker hugs me so tight and whispers some things I couldn't hear. "Are you okay Walks?" He mumbles something I can't hear, but I feel him nodding in the crook of my neck. "I can't sleep." I finally hear him say something coherently. "Me either." I'm about to tell him we should both just try to fall asleep again, when an idea pops up in my head.

I get out of bed and hear Walker whine, "Where are you going?" I smile softly, "Come on, I have an idea." Walker squints at me. "Please?" Walker nods quickly and gets up, grabbing my hand and following behind me. "Where are we going?" He whispers. "Shh you'll see, put some shoes on." He obliges and puts his vans on, I put my shoes on and open the front door. Walker drops my hand and I turn around.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Walker tilts his head."What are you doing?" "Let's dance." "What? In the rain?" I nod. "You're crazy y/n." I shrug my shoulders, "Maybe." Walker shakes his head, smiling, "But i'm crazy in love with you so." He takes my hand and drags us to the middle of the road. Instantly we get drenched. Walker looks at me and smiles a smile so big I might as well just melt into the cement.

He takes my hand and twirls me around. I laugh super hard and lose my balance. I topple over and take Walker with me. We're both on the ground laughing when Walker shouts, "ARE YOU OKAY?" I giggle and shout back, "IM AMAZING!" Walker stands up and offers his hand. I take it and we're back up to our feet. We begin to dance hand in hand, really close to each other. We've danced like this millions of times, but never like this. This feels different, so much better.

Walker begins to sway us around and hum a random tune. I look up at him and laugh. He smiles and spins me, this time we don't fall! I step back from him and interlock our fingers, bring them up, above our heads. We beam at each other and Walker takes his hands back. He steps closer to me wraps an arm around my waist and puts a hand on the back of my neck. He pulls me in and pecks me on the lips.

I smile widely at him. He pulls me into his arms and we sway around while hugging. We stay like that for what felt like forever, and it felt great.
"y/n?" I look up at him, "Yeah?" "Thank you." I hear him mutter. "For what?" He looks down at me. "For making me dance in the rain with you. I've never been so in love with you." I smile, "With you, i'd dance in a storm in my best dress."

Walker smiles at me and pulls me back into his chest. We stay like that until a car honks at us and we hear someone scream, "GET OUT OF THE ROAD DUMBASSES!" Walker and I start running to the grass. We fall to the ground laughing and then silence. We look over to look at each other and we burst out laughing even harder than before. We stand back up walking hand in hand back inside.

I didn't think i'd ever say this, but thunder storms have now become my second favorite thing. Super close tie with Walker, who's my first.

__________________________________
A/N: it's literally thunder storming rn guys! got my inspo from mother nature‼️ tbh i think this is adorable and thank you for reading! as always please comment! LOVE YALLLL💗💗

_______________________________