02

Charming, California 2008

The rumblings of multiple engines roared in the parking lot of St. Thomas Hospital as SAMCRO filled in.

Not bothering to park his bike properly, Jax immediately made a run for the entrance, his club brothers trailing behind him.

Gemma pushed toward the front through the sea of Sons before having them follow her to where Angelise was being held.

Reaching into her purse, she pulled out a small box and showed it to Jax. "I found these matches not far from where she was passed out," she explained. "Hairy's Dog."

"Shit!" Clay cursed as the group continued down the hallway.

Bobby shook his head. "It's gotta be the Nords dealing out of the Dog again," he stated. "Darby got out of Chino two weeks ago."

Jax paid no mind to the chatter going on behind him as he walked faster. His only focus was to make sure that Angelise and the baby were okay.

Rounding the corner, they see Angelise in a room at the end of the hall, surrounded by doctors when a familiar face in the room spots them.

Opening the sliding door, they step out into the hallway as the group drew closer. With a sigh, Jax addressed the person. "Tara, what the hell happened?"

Many people knew of Jax and Tara's long history with each other. Once high school sweethearts, they were young and in love until their time came to an end.

Tara had gotten accepted to a university in Chicago and wanted Jax to go with her but because of his loyalty to the club and his family, Jax refused and that gave Tara the motivation she needed to leave in the dead of the night without a goodbye, leaving a heartbroken Jax behind.

Ten years have gone by since then, and it's been a few months since Tara's return to Charming. No one's sure about what made her come back but few have an idea as to "who" she came back for.

Tara crossed her arms in front of her chest. "When was the last time you saw her?"

Jax ran a hand down his face. "Yesterday," he answered. "And I spoke to her earlier today and she was fine."

Tara was slightly shocked by Jax's answer. She hadn't expected him to be so distressed and felt a pang of jealousy.

Clearing her throat, she continued. "Her toxicology screen came back showing a heavy dosage, most likely crank."

"Jesus Christ." Gemma muttered as she paced. "What about the baby?"

Tara turned to look at the group. "We had to do an emergency C section," she explained. "He's ten weeks premature."

Gemma let out a gasp as Jax's blue eyes widened in disbelief. "Holy shit!"

Tara turned back to face Jax and reached her arm out toward him. "Come on, let's sit down and I'll walk you through it."