08

Charming, California 2008

It was early morning out on the abandoned road heading outside of Charming's crossing. The sun was slowly rising as the black Cutlass drove down, the dirt kicking behind the tires.

Pulling up to a ditch, Jax climbed out the car and popped the trunk open. Inside, a dead Kohn was wrapped up in Tara's spare sheets. Bending down, he pulled the body out of the trunk and threw him over his shoulder.

Walking toward the ditch, Jax threw the body in and ran his gloved hand through his hair before dowsing the body in gasoline and lighting him up in flames.

Back at Tara's house, she stood in front of the mirror in her bathroom. Looking at her reflection, she lifted her fingers toward her lips as she remembered being with Jax last night. Despite killing Kohn, she couldn't help but feel satisfaction at the fact her and Jax might still have something together.

An hour later, Jax returned to Tara's, now empty house since she left for work, and took a quick shower when he checked his phone and saw a dozen missed calls from everyone. Silently cursing himself, he left the house.

Walking down the driveway, he saw his mom's black cadi driving up with Tig riding his bike behind her.

Gemma jumped out of the car and made a beeline for him.

"Jesus Christ," she stated while bringing him into a tight hug. "You scared the shit out of me."

"I'm sorry." he apologized. "I got caught up."

She felt the back of his head and noticed it was damp. Letting out a scoff, she pulled away from him and gave him a glare.

"You've been here this whole time?" she chastised. "Someone tries to kill Clay and you decide it's a good time to get laid?"

Jax shook his head. "It's not like that, mom."

Gemma took a step toward him. "If you want to resurrect old trauma with this bitch, you do it on your own goddamn time."

Jax gave his mom an unserious look before walking toward his bike where Tig was standing with his foot on the head.

Tig crossed his arms as he looked at his VP. "Don't forget your first priority, we've been waiting all night for those supplies."

"I didn't," Jax snarked. "Take your foot off my bike."

Tig stared him down before moving his foot as Jax revved the engine. Looking at his mom, he nodded his head.

"Have you spoken to Angel?" he asked.

"Oh, you mean your wife," she sarcastically responded. "Didn't think you remembered her after what you did last night."

Done with his mother's comments, Jax pulled out of Tara's driveway and rode his bike down the street before disappearing around the corner.

Over by Angelise, she and LJ were having breakfast in her kitchen when her prepay started to ring and Gemma's name popped up.