09

Detroit, Michigan 2002

The streetlights were the only source of light trickling down the empty at street as a familiar sleek black 2002 Mercedes-Benz S Class pulled up to the warehouse not too far from the docks.

The location was where Ace usually conducted his business as well as having Angelise eliminate any potential threats to his organization.

Parking the car, Angelise stepped out before shutting the door. Dressed in her usual attire when doing jobs for Ace, a black skin tight leather jacket, paired with skin tight leather pants, and black stiletto boots, she met Michael at the front, along with a few of Ace's goons, as well as LJ.

"I knew after you read the file, you'd agree," Michael smirked. "You've been waiting a long time for this day, Angel."

"And I'll be waiting even longer if you don't shut up and move." she sneered before moving around him and heading inside.

She could hear Michael's laughter from behind her and tried her best to block him out as she walked down the long corridors. Arriving in the basement, Angelise stood by the door, waiting for the others to catch up.

LJ was the first to arrive after her. He took his time to observe his surroundings before leaning down toward her ear.

"Angel," he whispered. "No matter what you see in there, don't let down your guard."

Angelise kept her head straight as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

The others footsteps could be heard as they neared the two down the hallway. LJ took a step back from her but muttered his last words loud enough for her to hear.

"Just be ready."

Not long after, Michael and the others walked up before he looked at her.

"You ready for this, Executioner?" he teased.

"Just open the door." she mumbled in an annoyed tone.

Michael pulled the handle and opened the door, letting Angelise go first and the rest following behind her, except LJ, who went unnoticed. The basement was lit with a singular light shining on a tied up body and bag over its head.

She slowly walked toward the figure before standing in front of it. Her heart picked up as she let out a shaky breath. Lifting her hand, she tore the bag off its head and jumped back as she looked at the limp body.