03

Detroit, Michigan 2002

The street lights shined bright on the quiet neighborhood, the only sound heard was the engine of a sleek black 2002 Mercedes-Benz S Class driving down the road and pulling into the driveway of the house at the end.

Switching off the ignition, Angelise let out a sigh before pulling the visor down to get a look at her reflection.

The slight bags under her green eyes screamed out exhaustion as she ran a hand through her long mocha colored hair before slamming the visor shut and getting out of the car.

'What a long fucking day.' She thought as she unlocked the door and entered her home.

Throwing her keys into the bowl by the front table, she made her way into the kitchen. Opening the fridge, she bent down to grab a beer and then moved toward the counter.

Pulling the top drawer, she reached for, what would look like from a blind eye, a bottle opener but instead wrapped her hand around a HK45 Compact Tactical she had tucked away before whipping around and aiming the gun at the intruder behind her.

The intruder raised their hands up but a smirk quickly spread on their face. "See you still haven't lost your touch huh Executioner."

Angelise kept her hard stare as the gun stayed steady, pointing at her target. "What the fuck are you doing here Michael?" she spat out.

He shrugged his shoulders while his hands were still raised. "Thought I'd say hi to an old friend."

Placing his hands back to his sides, he walked towards the kitchen table while Angelise continued to aim her gun in his direction, following his every move.

Sitting down, he rolled his eyes at her stiff posture. "C'mon Angel," he began. "I'm just here to talk business."

Lowering her gun, she cautiously walked towards the kitchen table and made it a point to sit as far away from him as possible.

Staring at the man sat across from her, Angelise couldn't control the glare that made its way towards her beautiful face.

Michael chuckled at her behavior. "So how'd you know I was here?" he questioned.

Angelise kept her stoic expression in place. "You're not as stealthy as you think you are, I saw you behind me through my visor mirror."

Michael laughed as she rolled her eyes, wanting nothing more than for him to disappear back to where he came from.

"Oh man," he exhaled happily. "You were always good at knowing your surroundings, do you remember that—"

"Why the fuck are you here Michael?" she interrupted. "And don't tell me it's because you want to take a trip down memory lane."