13

Charming, California 2008

The next few weeks were quite busy as the SAMCRO family slowly tried to get back on their feet. After Donna's funeral, Opie decided to get away from Charming for a while, still grieving the death of his wife, leaving his kids in the care of his mother and father.

As for Angelise and Jax, they were gradually rebuilding their trust and friendship as they raised their son, who was getting bigger as the days passed. Jax was also able to bury the hatchet with LJ, who was, secretly, starting to grow on him, after finding out the truth.

Currently, the small family were sitting in the dining room, having breakfast. A four month old Abel was sat in his high chair while Jax tried to feed him his food. Angelise stood to the side, smiling into her cup as he kept refusing his father's help.

"C'mon kid," he sighed. "What happened to daddy being your favorite?"

"He realized that it's mommy who he loves more," she joked as she placed her empty cup in the sink. "Isn't that right, bubba?"

Abel let out a squealed laugh as his mother showered him with peppered kisses before picking him up in her arms. Jax shook his head as a smile spread across his face, watching his two favorite people. Angelise sat in the chair across from him as she placed Abel on her lap.

Reaching over the table, she grabbed a bacon strip from Jax's plate and took a bite. "What are you doing today?"

"I gotta meet with the guys in a few," he responded. "Irish is coming with a new shipment of guns for us."

"Still got no buyers lined up?" she asked.

"Just the Niners," he sighed. "But that'll barely get us by and we still have ATF breathing down our necks so we gotta find away to get past them."

Angelise gave Abel a small piece of her bacon as she noticed him making grabby hands.

"Well if you're looking for a bigger cut, just offer to do the deliveries as well as the labor of assembling the guns, you can up the percentage since you're doing most of the leg work, that'll give you enough time to line up another buyer while the ATF heat dies down." she explained.

The small silence that followed, made her eyebrows furrow slightly when Jax didn't respond to her suggestion. Looking up, she saw him staring at her in adoration.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing," he shook his head while flashing her a small smile. "I'm just still getting used to you knowing about all this gun trade stuff."

She gave him a playful look when his phone started to ring. Taking it out of his pocket, Opie's name appeared. Shifting his gaze back toward Angelise, he stood up.

"It's Ope." he said before answering the call while Angelise felt her heart sink as she turned her attention back on Abel.

The married couple had decided to keep the truth about Donna's killer to themselves, against her better judgment. It was only a matter of time before the truth came out and SAMCRO was playing a dangerous game in trying to frame someone else for Clay's impulsiveness.