part 11

***four years ago***

It was February, the middle of a semester as you were in college in New York. Nothing really worked out the way you wanted it to - the readings got worse, the stuff to study was unbearable and got worse every day, everything was so expensive, even on campus and lastly, you couldn't really make any friends and you didn't like your roommates and they didn't like you either, so you were on your own.

Everything was just worthless.

One day Amelia just showed up, told you she was also studying at this college now. Also, she immediately got along with your roomies, so she made a joke about her just moving in here.

It had been about one and a half years you two hadn't seen each other since she was travelling and you went to college and also moved to New York.

Amelia told you all about it and you were glad she had such a wonderful time and met so many new people.

At the end of the day you joked she could actually move in since you were moving out anyways.

"Wait, what do you mean?", confused she looked at you.

You just let out an awkward laugh: "I'm just gonna quit."

"What? But wasn't this what you dreamed of?"

You shrugged: "It was one dream and it just didn't or doesn't work out, so it's not worth it to stay much longer."

And so it happened for real, you packed up all your stuff and just left one night, took a plane back to your hometown and showed up at your parents house without a warning.

You knew the door in your garage was usually open, so you opened the garage and slowly went into the house. You felt like a burglar even though this was your home, it was a weird feeling. Quickly you turned on the lights.
Slowly you put down your baggage and put off your shoes.

But of course, no great entrance like bumping into a vase in the middle of the night.

"Shit, shit, shit.", you whisper-shouted, even though that probably didn't make much sense any longer.

Your dad came down the stairs with a baseball bat in his hands: "What asshole breaks into- y/n?!"

"Shit, y/n, what are you doing here in the middle of the night??", he put away the bat, started smiling and came to you to hug you.

You wrapped your arms around him and started crying into his chest: "Dad, I quit college..."

"You did what now??", he sounded disappointed but caressed your hair, "oh, y/n... why? What happened?"

"I couldn't do it anymore..."

"Y/n...", you heard your mom say in a confused tone as she came down the stairs.

Slowly you separated yourself from your dad and looked at her, shock and surprise were plastered across your face: "You're pregnant??"

She just smiled awkwardly: "Surprise!..."

"And you didn't care to tell me?", you were rather pissed.

"You didn't tell us you were quitting college, so that's such a surprise as you knowing this now too."

You just let out a sigh: "Well, I'm hoping to not stay for too long anyways, I wanna get somewhere else."

"Oh come on, y/n, don't be pissed we didn't tell you. It's not like you were ever visiting."

"Oh and that's an excuse to not tell you're pregnant?", you rolled your eyes, "you know what? Whatever, live your happily ever after, maybe you'll do a better job with that munchkin. I'm just staying this night, then I'm out."