part 12

***back to current events***

Yeonjun and you sat in two wooden chairs outside and looked at the lake. It wasn't exactly warm but it was alright.

As you were in your thoughts, your boyfriend was talking but you weren't exactly listening which he noticed pretty early on.

"Babe?", he put his hand on yours as yours was resting on the armrest of the chair.

You realised that and slowly looked to him: "Hm?"

"Do you want to tell me what happened in the arena now?"

A sigh left your mouth and you looked back at the lake.

"And how did he get the media to the street race?"

You took a breath and then told him all about it - how Jake dressed as him, hid his face, raced as Yeonjun and was intentionally bad at it and came in last and also, how he told the media to fuck off and 'accidentally' told where the street race was going to take place.

"What's wrong with this guy?", Yeonjun took a rock and threw it into the water, letting out a deep sigh.

You just watched him and sighed too: "A lot... I can't believe I once fell for him... I mean- back then he was sweet but now-"

"Him and sweet? Girl, where?"

You just chuckled: "Well, never mind."

He turned back around and tilted his head: "I'm sure people have like different opinions on me now... I listened to the radio as they talked about me. One of them was like supportive, the other two moderators were rather sceptical of me... what if most people hate me now? I mean, you heard the media at the race... they think I've got a shitty character..."

You started pouting a little as you listened to him talk and got up, took his hands into yours and looked up to him: "Baby... we both know you are one of the greatest people ever... I wish I could tell you what to do or how we should proceed or I wish I could tell you everything will be alright and no one will care in a few days..."

You sighed and continued: "I'm pretty sure loyal fans will continue to support you... but I'm just not sure in general... I wish I could magically fix everything for you... but this time... I have honestly no idea..."

He nodded and pulled you close and wrapped his arms around you: "It's okay, baby... generally speaking, I don't care what people think of me... just sometimes it does hurt if they see you in a different light..."

You nodded and put your arms around him as well: "I get that... it does hurt how fast people change their opinions about someone..."

"True... but I also get it, I mean, people thought I was a good guy, only doing good things... but then I'm such a disappointment... I mean, we do so many criminal things... of course people change their opinions..."

You separated yourself from him and put your hands on his cheeks: "I mean, we were also kind of stupid to think we'd get away with it forever."

"Yeah... true.", he had to laugh and so you started too, pulling away your hands.

"I have no idea though how long it will take for police to find us here," you started, " but as long as they aren't putting our faces everywhere internationally, it should take a while."

"You're right, baby.", he put his hands on your waist and pulled you close again, making you chuckle: "I know I am. How about we take a look at the ID's though? Let's see what Kai called us."

"Oh yeah, let's do that but first...~"

"First what?", you raised an eyebrow and he just smirked and kissed you.