part 14

***three and a quarter years ago***

Kai invited Yeonjun and you to a fancy restaurant, everything high-class and luxurious.
He was already waiting while you two just entered the building, went up the elevator and were brought to him by a staff member. You thanked her and greeted your friend and two men he was with.

Kai smiled at the two of you: "Guys, this is Alex Lovegood, he's an interested sponsor and this is Quinn Peterson, he is my chauffeur but I suggested him to work for you guys too, this way you'd have no risk in traffic." Alex was a middle-aged guy, grey hair and wearing a checkered brown suit while Quinn had dark hair but also seemed like he was middle-aged, wearing a black suit.

Surprised you both sat down.

Yeonjun asked: "It's really nice to meet you. I'm Yeonjun."

"And I'm y/n, also nice to meet you two."

"Likewise.", Quinn said and smiled at you, so you smiled back.

Yeonjun had question marks all over his face, Kai just chuckled and said: "So, why don't you tell them a little more?"

He looked at Alex and he nodded: "Well, Kai told me all about you and I already saw you at several races I attended. You really caught my eye, you're so good, so I'd like to sponsor you and your work. That means I basically spend my money on you and all you have to do is to make sure you don't put yourself at risk and well, drive the races and be as best as possible."

"Woah...", Yeonjun had a low-key smirk on his face, not believing what this guy just said, "so you'd really pay me to continue racing? Where's the catch? What's in it for you?"

Alex shook his head: "There's no catch. It's just a hobby of mine, spending money on racers like you. I can see your potential and to make sure you don't give it up, I'll pay for anything that has to be repaired, replaced, race suits and not just that, I'll help you afford a living."

Yeonjun and you exchanged looks. You really could need the money and a new racing suit wouldn't hurt either, you two really couldn't keep on living off of Yeonjun not earning money except for getting a check now and then at racing events and off of you having a part-time job as a waitress which you hated anyways.

"We're in!", your boyfriend immediately said and was ready to shake hands with this guy.

"Oh, we're so in.", you said too and Alex smiled, shook both your hands and then Quinn added: "And what do you say? A private chauffeur? Kai has other plans for the next months, so I'm your full-time driver if you want me to."

Now you were the one to answer first: "We'd love that!"

Yeonjun added: "I'm assuming Alex is paying that too?"

Alex nodded and so Yeonjun agreed too.

"Wonderful.", Quinn said, you all smiled and then you could finally enjoy the food Kai had ordered beforehand.

***back to current events***

It had been who knows how many hours since the last time you saw Yeonjun and now you were sitting in this room, a window on one side but it was more like a mirror since you could only see your reflection and not what was behind the glass.

You weren't wearing the handcuffs anymore but you were nervous as fuck.

What was going to happen now? When was someone going to come in?

You sat on the one chair that was on your side of the table and continuously changed the way you sat since you were uncomfortable and couldn't handle the waiting any longer.