part 18

***back to current events***

Until a trial could be conducted, weeks had to pass and in the meantime Yeonjun and you were kept in prisons. During that time your boyfriend made a very disturbing discovery.

It was an already regular day in prison: everyone got up at 5:30am, they had to make their beds, had to wait in line to go to the bathroom and take a shower, then eat breakfast in the cafeteria and afterwards they had to take laps through the yard. Afterwards everyone had to get to do the work they were signed up for. Yeonjun had to fold the laundry in the laundry room together with two more other inmates.

As one guard just did his checkup on them and left the room again, another inmate rushed inside, Yeonjun didn't really give him much attention as this guy was talking to one of the others folding laundry. His voice sounded familiar though.

So, out of curiosity he looked up from the clothes and saw right into Jake's face. Yeonjun's eyes widened and confused he raised an eyebrow: "What the hell are you doing here?"

Jake slightly smirked but immediately stopped and said: "I could ask the same thing but I already know. Murderer."

The two others raised their heads and gave Yeonjun a weird look.

The said person sighed out of frustration: "I didn't kill anyone, I'm being framed here!... I don't even know who I supposedly killed."

"Sucks to be you.", Jake smirked and chuckled.

"This isn't funny. Now, why are you here? And what happened to you?"

Yeonjun was terrified by the cuts Jake had in his face, "did someone in here do this to you?"

"Aw, concerned? Don't be, it was you.", he touched his hand and immediately the older one grabbed his arm, "what are you talking about??"

Jake pulled back with aggression and cleared his throat as he looked at the other two guys and back at Yeonjun: "Stop playing innocent! You stupid shit! That's what you deserved!"

The confusion in Yeonjun's face got bigger and bigger, not understanding what your weird ex had to say.

He tilted his head and just wanted to say something but Jake then continued talking: "I really hope the media and the people hate you now, you weren't the greatest anyways."

Yeonjun just took a breath: "Racer, you mean? Right, that's why I won almost every race I attended but sure, think whatever you want."

Jake stuck his tongue into his cheek and formed his hands into fists: "I mean, well, not the greatest boyfriend though either."

"How would you know? Ever kissed me?", Yeonjun was kind of proud of his answers since he was especially pissed off with him but couldn't afford to get angry with his accusations standing and it still was unsure how long he was going to stay in here, so he shouldn't risk anything.

The other two inmates chuckled quietly and Jake rolled his eyes: "Stop laughing, it's not funny. He's not funny! He's a murderer, nothing this guy does should be funny!"

One of them said: "I killed dozens of people, I can be funny too. Leave this rookie alone now before I'll show you my really funny side."

Yeonjun gulped and looked at him. Damn, he didn't know he was next to a serial killer... now the air didn't feel so good right now...

A guard got back and asked loudly what was going on and told Jake to get back to his work and leave them alone, so he did that but mouthed an 'I'm not done with you' to Yeonjun and then left.